News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Vehicle finder

Started by Tony, April 18, 2013, 08:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

What a helper for finding buses..

http://londonvf.co.uk/

put in the registration of any TfL contracted vehicle and it will not only tell you which route it is on, but which stop it is actually at at that time!

John

If only we had something like that for NXWM. It would make life a whole lot easier finding buses I want to get a picture of!

PM

Quote from: Tony on April 18, 2013, 08:22:41 PM
What a helper for finding buses..

http://londonvf.co.uk/

put in the registration of any TfL contracted vehicle and it will not only tell you which route it is on, but which stop it is actually at at that time!

What a great tool especially for bus enthusiasts-would make hunting for buses so so easy as I'm sure I'm not the only one to have waited ages in places to not see what i wanted to see!! We should have this in the west midlands

nitromatt1

Well, The Green Bus have a similar tool for their vehicles, but it isn't available to the general public

Dylan4579

If we did then NXWM would have to install live timing on all of their buses

Tony

Quote from: dgss1 on April 18, 2013, 08:50:02 PM
If we did then NXWM would have to install live timing on all of their buses

NXWM have live timings on all of their vehicles, and the AVL/Radio control room at Bordesley can do exactly what that vehicle finder does.

Stu

The next stage would be to have this kind of information presented on a map, so passengers, as well as knowing roughly when their bus will arrive, can see exactly where their bus is. Would be great for the bus spotters too!  ;D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stu on April 18, 2013, 09:08:52 PM
The next stage would be to have this kind of information presented on a map, so passengers, as well as knowing roughly when their bus will arrive, can see exactly where their bus is. Would be great for the bus spotters too!  ;D

Don't we have Real time info installed to some bus stops. It will be good if they can do the same thing for NXWM

nitromatt1

If only I knew any TfL fleetnumbers to put into the finder ;D

BCMobile

Quote from: Stu on April 18, 2013, 09:08:52 PM

Oh you mean helping these bloody armchair inspectors, just leave us alone and find something else to do in your retirement. Sudoku. Do some sudoku.

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 18, 2013, 09:14:27 PM
If only I knew any TfL fleetnumbers to put into the finder ;D

Try LT12GHT which is Arriva London LT7 (one of the Borismasters)

settlerman

Isn't it making spotting too easy? Ok if you want to find one to photograph but for me the pleasure in spotting is in finding them. Easy enough as it is when you know what garage they work out of without being given help as to where it is going to be at a certain time. ]

BCMobile

Quote from: settlerman on April 18, 2013, 10:20:57 PM
Isn't it making spotting too easy? Ok if you want to find one to photograph but for me the pleasure in spotting is in finding them. Easy enough as it is when you know what garage they work out of without being given help as to where it is going to be at a certain time. ]

I agree.

I remember back in the day when you'll be spotting, to see a bus you ain't seen for ages, out the blue, its deffinately a thrill. You'll get bored doing it the modern way.

nitromatt1

Quote from: BCMobile on April 18, 2013, 10:34:56 PM
Quote from: settlerman on April 18, 2013, 10:20:57 PM

I agree.

I remember back in the day when you'll be spotting, to see a bus you ain't seen for ages, out the blue, its deffinately a thrill. You'll get bored doing it the modern way.

I also agree, know exactly what's where and when takes the satisfaction out of spotting, I love seeing 4813 appear without warning

BU07 LGO

I used S801 BWC

The first ALX400 in the UK which still sees regular service on the 55

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk