News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

"interesting" driving

Started by Kevin, April 17, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

319 on the 651 heading up the Old Walsall Road about half 6 this evening, driving on the right hand side of the road and appeared to be racing a white van for a bit, then pulled in front and crept slowly up the rest of the hill in the middle of the road

Going to report it but figured id share it on here as well, I was in the car right behind the two and although found it a bit worrying also found it quite funny seeing a solo do that
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BCMobile

Quote from: Kevin on April 17, 2013, 10:39:41 PM
319 on the 651 heading up the Old Walsall Road about half 6 this evening, driving on the right hand side of the road and appeared to be racing a white van for a bit, then pulled in front and crept slowly up the rest of the hill in the middle of the road

Going to report it but figured id share it on here as well, I was in the car right behind the two and although found it a bit worrying also found it quite funny seeing a solo do that

If you do you'll put another one of us in the JobCentre.

Lol, jk do what you have to do mate. Maybe a near miss form will suffice?

danny

Seems people are ver :oy quick to Complain about people who probs have a family to support in a job streched enviroment, without considering what ifs, don't see the point the amount of times in my old job wasted on customer complaints was unreal.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

BCMobile

Quote from: danny on April 18, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
Seems people are ver :oy quick to Complain about people who probs have a family to support in a job streched enviroment, without considering what ifs, don't see the point the amount of times in my old job wasted on customer complaints was unreal.

Exactly. These people who complain don't realise the person they're against is a person too who has all the same stuff that needs to be done like them. But once you're in work you're not a person anymore. That's in any job not bus driving. You lose the fact your human. /Previous Job Experience

Kevin

Wow, ok wasn't quite expecting thinly veiled insults like that

Yes I am aware the driver is "a person' who possibly has a family to support etc
But... If this sort of driving is "ok, just because it keeps someone in a job" then what's the point? I for one, at the time, thought it was quite funny, but also dangerous considering the amount of traffic that use the road, if it was two cars doing it people would probably just think "ah its the usual scum", if it was a lorry they'd probably be quick on the phone to the respective company to report it

Regards being "quick to complain", its not exactly like it was a vendetta against a driver or there was the slightest infringement of driving standards or whatever, driving like that is surely worthy of complaint? But as you wish, as i have not yet sent in a complaint i won't bother, just to keep people happy
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMK

Quote from: danny on April 18, 2013, 11:06:26 PM
So if a driver's driving is dangerous and puts the passengers/public at at risk, you don't see the point in people complaining?  :o
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

dayvid

Quote from: Kevin on April 19, 2013, 12:09:26 AM
Wow, ok wasn't quite expecting thinly veiled insults like that

Yes I am aware the driver is "a person' who possibly has a family to support etc
But... If this sort of driving is "ok, just because it keeps someone in a job" then what's the point? I for one, at the time, thought it was quite funny, but also dangerous considering the amount of traffic that use the road, if it was two cars doing it people would probably just think "ah its the usual scum", if it was a lorry they'd probably be quick on the phone to the respective company to report it

Regards being "quick to complain", its not exactly like it was a vendetta against a driver or there was the slightest infringement of driving standards or whatever, driving like that is surely worthy of complaint? But as you wish, as i have not yet sent in a complaint i won't bother, just to keep people happy

Why not a quick word with the driver in question...?????
He would of probably calmed himself down.
NXWM will sack drivers over the silliest of things.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk