News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centro Tendered Services

Started by MW, April 22, 2012, 08:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Certainly would. I saw on Centro on a pdf about last April tenders, and there were 14 for the S2 and S3! Although blue Diamond won of course.

D10

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 28, 2012, 10:41:42 AM
Certainly would. I saw on Centro on a pdf about last April tenders, and there were 14 for the S2 and S3! Although blue Diamond won of course.

Not surprised there were so many bids for this. It is a good contract to win as it is several PVR and is for at least 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Even more if the Eves and Sunday service is included too.

hartshill busman 724210

The point of a tender as far as a bus company is concerned, is to allow a route that would`nt make them money to make a profit by adding the tender money to the routes income. They can establish what it will cost them to run that route over the contract period to allow them a profit. It is a calculated risk especially in these uncertain times (government regulation changes ie BSOG )but companies can make money from operating them.

Liberator9

PM

Bob

i bloody hope they step in and save the x31 its needed!

suavegarv

Silverline used to run the S3 in the evenings and on sundays until Blue Diamond took over.

MW

Quote from: suavegarv on May 03, 2012, 10:06:41 PM
Silverline used to run the S3 in the evenings and on sundays until Blue Diamond took over.

Credit where it's due, the SN05 Dart that Blue Diamond have had out on the Signature services looks exceptionally smart.

Discodave

Quote from: bob on May 03, 2012, 06:34:58 PM
i bloody hope they step in and save the x31 its needed!
They have with staffs cc until sept as said on cannock and brimingham posts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk