News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NXWM vosa registrations from 9th June

Started by winston, April 16, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I think that if anyone wants a bus to Merry Hill from West Bromwich, Oldbury, Blackheath, Cradley Heath there more likely to use the 4M rather than the 289 due to how quick the 4M is in comparison.

s94

Exactly plus there is the 53 too. There is no need for 3 West Bromwich services. These new changes are for the better IMO.

nitromatt1

Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 03:48:44 PM
Exactly plus there is the 53 too. There is no need for 3 West Bromwich services. These new changes are for the better IMO.

You'd be quicker walking than getting the 53

s94

Haha indeed. Tbh the 4M suffices if you want to go straight up towards West Brom way.

Dylan4579

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 05:13:59 PM
Quote from: s94 on May 13, 2013, 03:48:44 PM

You'd be quicker walking than getting the 53
Because it goes out of it's way to serve EVERYTHING and the 123 should be brought back

uniquicity

The shortening of the 289 will save 1 Merc.

PB will be needing more Solos then for the extended 654

makkacdt

shorting the 289 does casue concern for those living in and around lion farm thou, now no direct route to merry hill unless a legnthly walk through the estate to birchley lane, also would this stop possible night services to lion farm? as the 89 is genrally useless
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

s94

I do think there should be a route like the 258 back, like extending the 127 or something but I doubt that would ever happen.

Sh4318

Quote from: makkacdt on May 17, 2013, 10:37:04 PM
shorting the 289 does casue concern for those living in and around lion farm thou, now no direct route to merry hill

That's exactly my point about curtailing the service. The 238 helped fill some of the void when the 258 was withdrawn, now that's being curtailed as well  :-\. At least the 208 will see more usage around Brickhouse Farm. The difference between the 289 and the 4M is that the 289 serves all the nooks and crannies whereas the 4M is more direct, so while it may be "easier" just getting the 4M to Merry Hill, you're still alienating many consumers who live on the 289 route who may need to travel to Merry Hill. That's my view anyway, haven't really liked any of the changes around the Old Hill/Cradley Heath area since the 99/138 & 258 were withdrawn and it's no different here
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Shaun on May 18, 2013, 02:33:57 AM
shorting the 289 does casue concern for those living in and around lion farm thou, now no direct route to merry hill

That's exactly my point about curtailing the service. The 238 helped fill some of the void when the 258 was withdrawn, now that's being curtailed as well  :-\. At least the 208 will see more usage around Brickhouse Farm. The difference between the 289 and the 4M is that the 289 serves all the nooks and crannies whereas the 4M is more direct, so while it may be "easier" just getting the 4M to Merry Hill, you're still alienating many consumers who live on the 289 route who may need to travel to Merry Hill. That's my view anyway, haven't really liked any of the changes around the Old Hill/Cradley Heath area since the 99/138 & 258 were withdrawn and it's no different here

NXWM will have looked at passenger loadings data and where the majority of passengers are boarding prior to announcing the curtailment of the 289. Obviously the number of journies from Lion Farm though to Merry Hill doesn't justify the need for a service

s94

Quote from: Winston on May 18, 2013, 01:09:19 PM

NXWM will have looked at passenger loadings data and where the majority of passengers are boarding prior to announcing the curtailment of the 289. Obviously the number of journies from Lion Farm though to Merry Hill doesn't justify the need for a service
Exactly Winston, in its present state most loading a wouldn't justify the usual merc that is placed on there. It used to be a fairly busy route I.e it was once every 20 mins but its declined ever since. Lion farm is clearly not enough to justify keeping the full service.

winston

Quote from: s94 on May 18, 2013, 01:16:46 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 18, 2013, 01:09:19 PM

Exactly Winston, in its present state most loading a wouldn't justify the usual merc that is placed on there. It used to be a fairly busy route I.e it was once every 20 mins but its declined ever since. Lion farm is clearly not enough to justify keeping the full service.

Obviously a few passengers will be put out by the loss of the route, but the numbers using the current 289 clearly do make the full route pay

Stuharris 6360

and with the 222 down to every 15 minutes, that will mean it branding will require alteration!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 21, 2013, 09:02:59 PM
and with the 222 down to every 15 minutes, that will mean it branding will require alteration!

Did wonder about that, they spent how much money on buying new buses specifically for that route and branded them for it, then change it... Makes not a lot of sense
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

makkacdt

well no i guess the loadings might not be, but the service have served us for god knows how many years, and now with the 4 it lost passengers. So people who live local to my me, lion farm, brickhouse, rowley villige, and more now have no bus direct to merry hill becasue of a route what doesnt even serve us.

So for me, its still like really? we seem to have to get two buses every were these days as the 89 is a load of rubbish
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk