News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Routes

Started by Trident 4609, April 07, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Its a ddaf db250 same as a spectra, rather than a trident. It looks pretty smart but id say itd be better deployed on other routes....

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4609 on May 21, 2013, 05:41:46 PM
Quote from: s-m-991 on May 21, 2013, 05:39:14 PM
Got on the 10.20 and tbh there was a few fare paying passengers on a W reg Trident. There was 7 passengers at most and I can't see route lasting :-/ shame.

Saw Trident 4851 near New Cross Hospital this afternoon and it had no passengers on it. I can see them withdrawing the Bloxwich-Wolverhampton section

And leaving nx 89 as the sole service between bloxwich and wolves? Wouldnt be surprised, but would be disappointed
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

Quote from: bob on May 21, 2013, 07:17:44 PM
Its a ddaf db250 same as a spectra, rather than a trident. It looks pretty smart but id say itd be better deployed on other routes....

No 4851 is a Trident, with East Lancs bodywork

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on May 21, 2013, 07:17:44 PM

No i was talking about 4851, the East Lancs Bodied trident branded for the 10 that was on the 19. I already know 4778/98 are DAF DB250LF same chassis as a spectra

Bob

Ohh sorry lol my error

arrivaaston

Well let's be honest if your on about the tridents or dafs there both heaps of shit anyway, duno why arriva bothered keeping the 2 W reg ones, they make me mother look new born ancient heaps of scrap

arrivaaston

But it has to be said, I do hope the low landers are left whare they are, as much as I'd like to see them in Cannock there better where they are, well maintained, they'd be as bad as the tridents if they ever come here for use in service........ Then thered be a problem........

Bob

I dont think theres any danger of Cannock operating deckers ever again arriva would rather them be used on the 19 cos of the massive numbers of passengers it gets lol

the trainbasher

On the city centre loop yesterday, the only people on board was me and 3 drivers heading to depot, on a decker

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Apparently theyre gonna be introducing more deckers onto it soon, well at least itll make the route appear professional, but I do wonder whether theyve lost it lol? The routes dead, even previously when it was walsall through blakenall etc and not wolves it only really required a dart or solo. Why not just use the ex london darts on it they look ok. I agree with arrivaaston on deckers at cannock, they need at least a couple for peak loadings on some routes and when theyre not on them they could be put on pye greens, even on those theyd still be carrying way more than on the 19 lol

Trident 4609

Which routes at Cannock need Double Deckers? (I don't go to cannock usually so don't know cannocks routes other that the 70/76/68 in wolverhampton.

With the 19 service as people have said between Bloxwich and Wolverhampton you have NXWM 89 which the passengers usually get as alot of people have NX bus passes.

Also between Wednesfield (Ashmore Park/Lichfield Road) you have The 59/69/89 and then the 18, ,28, 25/25A (Wednesfield), 68 (Arriva) and also the 57 so there are so many routes that operate along or part of the route.

Yesterday there was lots of people waiting at the stop near New Cross Hospital and a Dart went past on the 19 and no one got on but instead got on 5412 on the 59! Some were fare paying so could of got on the 19!

Bob

Certain trips on the stafford routes definitely and the 60 is sometimes standin only but they stupidlyinterwork it with the 825 now so it has to be si gle decked. I. Not sayin any cannock services need them all the time but theyd certainly get more people on them on say a morning trip on a 74 than they would in half a day on the 19 lol. The number 1 to walsall could be deckered if they re routed it under the other bridge at church bridge rather than the low one. They could reduce it to half hourly itd still give 4 buses an hour btwn cannock bloxwich & walsall. Cannock used to have lots of deckers in fact the 70 used to have them on lots

Bob

On the 19 10 mins ago and btwn new invention and wednesfield there was only me on! On 4778, the interior is nicely refurbed but if the scratch the surface...the driver said it was rough engine wise. It looks smart outside too but again look closely and all the panels along the bottom are badly dented. Driver said the ex midland fleet is a load of shit andhis colleague hhad to have 3 buses this morning cos the first two broke down! Lol

arrivaaston

Cannocks decker allocation used to me
4163M163GRY
4166M166GRY
4178M178GRY
4396G646BPH
4397G647BPH
4569D190FYM
4571D171FYM
4572D242FYM
Always used on '860', '862' and sometimes did the 1/70

Bob