News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond buses being stripped for parts

Started by Ash, April 05, 2013, 06:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I noticed from going past Tividale today two buses are currently being stripped for parts which look to be a red and white dart may be S393HVV and the other was a 51 reg cadet which could be 30203 or 30208 as it has the older non red seating and wasn't an ex ludlow cadet so don't think it was 30217.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Ash on April 05, 2013, 06:06:52 PM
I noticed from going past Tividale today two buses are currently being stripped for parts which look to be a red and white dart may be S393HVV and the other was a 51 reg cadet which could be 30203 or 30208 as it has the older non red seating and wasn't an ex ludlow cadet so don't think it was 30217.

No surprise for the Dart, obviously no one wanted to buy it.

A little surprising for the DAF though, considering it was new in 2001/02, it should have sufficient years left in service to be worthy of new parts, especially when Diamond need several more full size vehicles.

winston

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on April 05, 2013, 09:59:25 PM
A little surprising for the DAF though, considering it was new in 2001/02, it should have sufficient years left in service to be worthy of new parts, especially when Diamond need several more full size vehicles.

No one wanted to buy the Cadets either when they for sale/ or pay the asking price

There have been two Cadets which were withdrawn with fire damage, it may one of those it they haven't been scrapped?

winston

I saw the Cadet heavily stripped today in the main depot, the overflow bus park opposite was about two thirds full with withdrawn Dart SLF's with a few serviceable buses also parked in there, there was also what looked like a Volvo Olympian/East Lancs with a white upper front windscreen.   

Ash

Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2013, 05:57:19 PM

I saw the Cadet heavily stripped today in the main depot, the overflow bus park opposite was about two thirds full with withdrawn Dart SLF's with a few serviceable buses also parked in there, there was also what looked like a Volvo Olympian/East Lancs with a white upper front windscreen.   

Yeah the double decker has been there for a few weeks now, there's 2 ex travel london 05 reg midi darts and a few V/W darts that all could see further service replacing some of the S/T reg darts that diamond currently have.

winston

Quote from: Ash on April 07, 2013, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2013, 05:57:19 PM

Yeah the double decker has been there for a few weeks now, there's 2 ex travel london 05 reg midi darts and a few V/W darts that all could see further service replacing some of the S/T reg darts that diamond currently have.

Saw those, plus T156OGC (allover red), V382SVV, S393HVV & a couple of P---FTG ex NEC Darts. Most of them have panels missing, Tividale now looks more of a scrap yard than back in BCC days with all the withdrawn Nationals

Ash

Although apparently taken over 3 years ago this looks to be the cadet seen at Tividale last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/7109026661/in/photostream/

winston

Quote from: Ash on April 08, 2013, 01:13:40 AM
Although apparently taken over 3 years ago this looks to be the cadet seen at Tividale last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/7109026661/in/photostream/

I think you may be right, as its in exactly the same spot, except the front is facing the office/engineering block

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk