News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Buses

Started by Tony, March 23, 2013, 09:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Also with some of the signature services being lost by rotala later this year it will release some of the newer solo's, versa's and citaro's to be used hopefully going to Tividale.

Bob

I was on a W reg refurbed dart on the 301 the other week and have to say it was ten times better than Arriva ones intsrior wise and didnt sound s#####d like most of Cannocks

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on March 23, 2013, 02:02:49 PM
Just had a quick tot up from Tony's updated Diamond fleetlist, the combined Diamond businesses (KR/LA/RH & TE) now operate some 220 buses, the 10 new/used B7RLE will only replace approx 4.5% of the fleet
That's more than FMR had before they sold KR /RH to  diamond  , 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Quote from: bob on March 23, 2013, 03:43:51 PM
I was on a W reg refurbed dart on the 301 the other week and have to say it was ten times better than Arriva ones intsrior wise and didnt sound s#####d like most of Cannocks

Most of diamond's darts don't sound too bad they just need a bit of an overall, repainting and the interiors smartened up.

Does anyone know what the current PVR of diamons 4/4H/4M service currently is I'm guessing around 15. At the moment over the last week the service has seen around 3 midi darts and 2 solo's along with around 3/4 white and red darts and the rest being made up of the odd centro and about 5 cadets. For me the eclipses should be used on the 301 moving the cadets on the 4 and branding the 14 cadets for the 4/4H/4M service along with T447EBD if 15 is the PVR  at least then it's a similar looking vehicle type on the service and would look smart. I might be being a bit stupid here but when it says there for the West Midlands is that just Tividale/Long Acre or including Redditch and Kidderminster as there Worcestershire or whatever they are.

Cedric

Quote from: Ash on March 23, 2013, 04:33:29 PM
I was on a W reg refurbed dart on the 301 the other week and have to say it was ten times better than Arriva ones interior wise and didn't sound s#####d like most of Cannocks

Most of diamond's darts don't sound too bad they just need a bit of an overall, repainting and the interiors smartened up.

Does anyone know what the current PVR of diamonds 4/4H/4M service currently is I'm guessing around 15. At the moment over the last week the service has seen around 3 midi darts and 2 solo's along with around 3/4 white and red darts and the rest being made up of the odd centre and about 5 cadets. For me the eclipses should be used on the 301 moving the cadets on the 4 and branding the 14 cadets for the 4/4H/4M service along with T447EBD if 15 is the PVR  at least then it's a similar looking vehicle type on the service and would look smart. I might be being a bit stupid here but when it says there for the West Midlands is that just Tividale/Long Acre or including Redditch and Kidderminster as there Worcestershire or whatever they are.

Worcestershire is in the west midlands geographical area which is what I think they mean ,
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

Quote from: bewminster on March 23, 2013, 05:47:02 PM
Quote from: Ash on March 23, 2013, 04:33:29 PM
I was on a W reg refurbed dart on the 301 the other week and have to say it was ten times better than Arriva ones interior wise and didn't sound s#####d like most of Cannocks

Does anyone know what the current PVR of diamonds 4/4H/4M service currently is I'm guessing around 15. At the moment over the last week the service has seen around 3 midi darts and 2 solo's along with around 3/4 white and red darts and the rest being made up of the odd centre and about 5 cadets. For me the eclipses should be used on the 301 moving the cadets on the 4 and branding the 14 cadets for the 4/4H/4M service along with T447EBD if 15 is the PVR  at least then it's a similar looking vehicle type on the service and would look smart. I might be being a bit stupid here but when it says there for the West Midlands is that just Tividale/Long Acre or including Redditch and Kidderminster as there Worcestershire or whatever they are.

Worcestershire is in the west midlands geographical area which is what I think they mean ,

Yeah thats what I meant thank you bewminster. So does this mean non of these buses could go to Tividale.

Tony

All ten B7RLE/Eclipse will go to Tividale. There will be no capital expenditure at Kidderminster or Redditch until the purchase is given the OK by the OFT

PM

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2013, 07:02:29 PM
All ten B7RLE/Eclipse will go to Tividale. There will be no capital expenditure at Kidderminster or Redditch until the purchase is given the OK by the OFT

That's good news for Tividale then. Do we know any more about whether the takeover will be given the go-ahead or not?

Solo1

What service will the new buses be going on & do we have a
date of when  the new buses will b in service

Ash

Quote from: Solo1 on March 23, 2013, 07:14:21 PM

I would think they will see off the remainder of the darts that are in the red and white diamond livery maybe apart from W335-7VGX as there the newest 3 in that type of livery but including W335-7VGX theres still 9. I'm guessing they will be spread out over a number of services but would probably be seen mostly on the 4/4H/4M/40/42/43/301. With the 56 and 002/202 already using the centro's and the 226 having the swift branded darts.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Ash on March 23, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 23, 2013, 07:14:21 PM

Think they would be a bit too big for the 40 doesn't seem busy enough and cant say about 42. didn't even think about the 56 but I hope it keeps its centros
campaigning for better transport for all

JackC

They could appear anywhere really. It's possible that they'd go on the 4 but the way they're going with that, withdrawing off evenings and nights, it'll be interesting to see what they're planning on that front. Really, the 301 seems a likely place.

tank90

I can see some of the signature buses ie the mercs and solos heading to Preston as they have them already, as if I remember they equal to 5 which would make a clean swap for the 5 Presidents from Preston, as for the rest of Signature it would be put on any Brum Service I would think.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Apparently someone mentioned on here that the signature buses and the royale black diamond buses are going to be put into another brand which I'm guessing certain services would be upgraded to use these leather/high spec buses.

tank90

Yes that was me as that is what I was told by someone from Diamond who wasn't a Driver but from either Tividale offices or Long Acre Offices and she had said that Signature and Royal are to be merged but didnt say anything about what buses would transfer into there new top brand.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk