News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton to Stourbridge (via Merry Hill Centre)

Started by Neswulf, March 14, 2013, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neswulf

Similar to the #256 run, but sticking to the main routes - briefly entering Wombourne by coming off the A449 onto High Street & back to the A449 via Greenhill, then a left at Kingswinford High Street and straight on until Pensnett, a right onto the B1479, a stop at the Merry Hill Centre bus station and onto the A461 before a left onto the A491 and on to Stourbridge centre.

The X1 is a decent attempt at a quick service between Wolverhampton & the Merry Hill Centre, but IMO, isn't direct enough. Dudley have enough services to the Merry Hill Centre, and there are good links between Wolverhampton & Dudley (#1 & #126) already. A version of the #256 that stopped at Merry Hill Centre would, I think, be a quicker route.

Alternatively, stick just between Wolverhampton & Merry Hill Centre using this more direct route, & leave the #256 for Stourbridge.

Sh4318

Quote from: Neswulf on March 14, 2013, 10:25:36 PM
A version of the #256 that stopped at Merry Hill Centre would, I think, be a quicker route.

Would this be required, I thought the 81, 226 and 255 do all those jobs.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Neswulf

81 (via Dudley) takes an hour, 255 doesn't touch Dudley but takes even longer. Maybe a cut down 255, avoiding the Wombourne / Swindon run, only briefly entering Wombourne. There has never been a direct, quick, service between Wolverhampton & Merry Hill - and while the X1 is alright, it still takes a winding route.

Just a thought.

sonic84

I do agree that there should be a faster link between Wolverhampton and Merry Hill, but so far anything tried has been underused.

I think that something following the 256 route, and then direct to Merry Hill could work.

Sh4318

I think there's always room for an express route between Wolverhampton and Merry Hill. But I don't see a benefit of a 256 to Stourbridge and direct to Merry Hill when from Stourbridge, you have the X96 that takes 15, and in Wordsley you have the 226, and in Kingswinford you have the 255, both every 15 mins
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk