News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Imitating buses

Started by Ash, March 12, 2013, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

This is probably the weirdest post ever but people when there young imitate cars like ferraris and there engines and how they sound. Has anyone ever or can imitate a bus engine sound with there voice/mouth. Now this will decrease my Karma just interested be good to hear some examples if people can record them see if we can guess the vehicle type. Just a bit of fun.

nitromatt1

I can do the sound of the R-reg Mercs accelerating and the change from first to second... no way am I recording it though ;)

Ash

I haven't done the merc sounds for ages and will admit tried to record it just but theres gaps where i need to breath so wasn't great lol

Sh4318

Quote from: nitromatt1 on March 12, 2013, 09:40:17 PM
I can do the sound of the R-reg Mercs accelerating and the change from first to second... no way am I recording it though ;)

I agree, I prefer the sound of R/S-reg mercs, even though they're not the best mercs internally
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Definitely think you should record it and post it :)

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ash on March 12, 2013, 09:56:15 PM

No chance, I hate the sound of my own voice on recording (I'm only 15) when speaking normally, let alone doing a dodgy impersonation of a bus! Sorry ;D

Sh4318

I have a video of 1626 on the 448B (now 48), that you might be interested in, the bus constantly over-revs, but it sounds good:

Ash

Quote from: nitromatt1 on March 12, 2013, 10:00:08 PM

No chance, I hate the sound of my own voice on recording (I'm only 15) when speaking normally, let alone doing a dodgy impersonation of a bus! Sorry ;D

No problem I didn't expect you too really.

tank90

I can sort of do a MRW/FMR Leyland Lynx pretty well, and a Dart at a push or even a dodgy FMR E300.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Ash

Lol i can kind of do a merc both the R/S and V/T types, b6le, trident, metrobus and dart. Although might not be that good.

Kevin

Definitely a weird conversation... But equally glad I ain't the only one that quietly does it to myself when I think no one can hear me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

I wish I could do a trident noise, does anyone know how to do a trident?

Dylan4579

I can do a dart, and a merc, but for the merc all you have to do is sound like a dog howling :)

TinnedPeaches

When I was little I used to be able to do a Leyland National, but as the years have rolled on, beard growth means I can't get my lips into the weird position I had to get them into to make the noise. Also could do a mean "Metrobus slowing down" sound...and  Leyland Lynx, now I think of it. Oh and a Volvo B10M engine!

Gareth

As a small child, my only toy buses at the time were all various types of routemaster and the odd Matchbox super kings DMS. They all made great Metrobus noises while being pushed round the carpet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk