News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

28th April changes

Started by winston, March 06, 2013, 02:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Not very good cancelling services if theyre trying to expand in the WM is it? I wondwe how many of Midlands serviceswill survive? Not many I wouldntve thought, if theyre basing it on passenger numbers! They arent gonna take on NX territory & win, not with clapped out midibuses

Kevin

Quote from: Discodave on March 09, 2013, 04:06:35 PM
Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2013, 01:57:25 PM
If the 560 is being cancelled, that means bloxwich-wolves is now down to 2 buses an hour instead of the previous 6.... wow... travelled on the 89 a couple of weeks ago and it was standing room only from bloxwich so theres obviously a need for it, so why is it being run down so much?

Its not the case of being run down its being that the 89 is 5 mins infront (and both services run 2 an hour so 4 not 6 but with such a small gap between the 560 and 89 they both ran on top of each other with NXWM full and the Arriva bus following) 560 both ways and Arriva could not be bothered to retime it.  It did not run around the town on its way back from Bloxwch to Wolves it just truned from Broad street into Stafford st to start on the 76, plus 9 times out of 10 due to it being interworked with the 70 and 76 it was late and ran to the favourite destination of "sorry not in service" or not turn up at all or just drive past you even though you signalled for it in plenty of time typical Cannock driver who did not like Centro area work.  Also from new invention you have the 28 and 69 then from just after the broadway the 59 so NXWM have all the bases covered on top of the 89. With regards to your journey it must just have been a freak incident is only the peaks as the 89 during the day is not that busy otherwise it would have deckers regular its mainly volvo single decks.
In this case even though the 560 is one of my local routes Arriva got what they deserved no custom.

I'm sure when NX ran the 560 they and Arriva used to run every 20 mins, almost as a fitted 10 minute frequency (i say almost, NX ran round New Cross hospital and Arriva didnt)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Discodave

Quote from: Kevin on March 10, 2013, 11:59:51 AM
Quote from: Discodave on March 09, 2013, 04:06:35 PM
Quote from: Kevin on March 09, 2013, 01:57:25 PM
If the 560 is being cancelled, that means bloxwich-wolves is now down to 2 buses an hour instead of the previous 6.... wow... travelled on the 89 a couple of weeks ago and it was standing room only from bloxwich so theres obviously a need for it, so why is it being run down so much?

Its not the case of being run down its being that the 89 is 5 mins infront (and both services run 2 an hour so 4 not 6 but with such a small gap between the 560 and 89 they both ran on top of each other with NXWM full and the Arriva bus following) 560 both ways and Arriva could not be bothered to retime it.  It did not run around the town on its way back from Bloxwch to Wolves it just truned from Broad street into Stafford st to start on the 76, plus 9 times out of 10 due to it being interworked with the 70 and 76 it was late and ran to the favourite destination of "sorry not in service" or not turn up at all or just drive past you even though you signalled for it in plenty of time typical Cannock driver who did not like Centro area work.  Also from new invention you have the 28 and 69 then from just after the broadway the 59 so NXWM have all the bases covered on top of the 89. With regards to your journey it must just have been a freak incident is only the peaks as the 89 during the day is not that busy otherwise it would have deckers regular its mainly volvo single decks.
In this case even though the 560 is one of my local routes Arriva got what they deserved no custom.

I'm sure when NX ran the 560 they and Arriva used to run every 20 mins, almost as a fitted 10 minute frequency (i say almost, NX ran round New Cross hospital and Arriva didnt)

It did Arriva adjusted theirs first when they altered the 70 (which interworked as both ran 20 min service) to 30 mins then Nx altered the 560 to the 908 then the 89 both from reviews.

Bob

Arriva's interworking in Wolverhampton is shocking, it just doesnt work.The 68 is NEVER EVER on time, also the one 70 goes round the town centre and the other just dumps the passengers in one street ( on a pretty steep hill, great for elderly or disabled passengers) and turns into lichfield st to go to Stafford. How confusing is that for passengers? Anyway the one 70 that does go round the town should be at the stop outside the Wulfrun Centre at 10 past the hour according to the timetable, its normally late but yesterday sailed up to the stop at 3 mins past! Luckily I was early. Another example of what a crap operation Cannock is! They debranded one of the Stafford vehicles recently so it could be used on other routes ( as Stafford buses often get stuck onto other ssrvices) but since its been done its appeared on the staffords all the time and stafford branded buses are on other routes. Have they actually got a clue?/Do they give a s##t about their Cannock operation?

Discodave

I know Bob the 70 according to timetable and registration terminates at Victoria st not Broad st (hilly bit) so VOSA should be informed of this.  The 560 does the same should terminate in Victoria st but turns off and does a 76 but with the cahnges now god knows if they will interwork in Wolverhampton possibly not I reckon with the other changes the 74/5 will run with the 76 and interwork at Stafford the 74/5 will finish in Stafford not the hospital (agreement is over anyway ).  The 68 I think will run with the 70 and maybe ran out of Wednesfield.  They can't do any worse than Cannock.

notepanel

With all these route changes, and the closure of Hill Top soon, does anybody know of any garage swaps to co-incide with the route changes?

Bob

Jesus, mpd's & solo's on the 70 lol

Bob

Wonder if theyll de brand the stafford sb200s

Discodave

Quote from: bob on March 10, 2013, 04:12:52 PM
Jesus, mpd's & solo's on the 70 lol

Like I said they can't do any worse than Cannock but cannot see any routes moving around yet but Arriva may suprise.  Except for the buses used.

Bob

They can do worse than cannock cos their fleets even worse its totally clapped out, was Midland a profitable company at the point of takeover?  Cos it certainly werent reflected in investment

Discodave

Think they were keeping there heads above water as NXWM did not really bash them like others, but to sell up either the previous owners had enough or it was going to go under.

Bob

Discodave

Quote from: bob on March 11, 2013, 02:23:28 PM
I'll give em 12 months

Will see what happens when hill top move in

richie

I am surprised Arriva haven't moved some of their dudley work to their ambuline depot in Dudley.

Discodave

Good call forgot they own them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk