News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

April 28th Changes

Started by Roy, March 06, 2013, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

46 will have 2 separate services basically, Londonderry to Scott Arms and West Bromwich to Pheasey. Both with a 30 minute frequency to keep the frequency of 15 minutes between West Bromwich and Scott Arms. PVR of 6.

By my amateur calculations:

Londonderry to Scott Arms 40 minutes
Scott Arms to Londonderry 41 minutes
Layover of 9 minutes (2 minutes at Scott Arms, 7 minutes in Londonderry)

West Bromwich to Pheasey 36 minutes
Pheasey to West Bromwch 37 minutes
Layover of 17 minutes (7 minutes in Pheasey, 10 minutes in West Brom)

Ash

Quote from: uniquicity on April 07, 2013, 05:08:45 PM
46 will have 2 separate services basically, Londonderry to Scott Arms and West Bromwich to Pheasey. Both with a 30 minute frequency to keep the frequency of 15 minutes between West Bromwich and Scott Arms. PVR of 6.

A 10 minute lay over seems alot for a relatively short route, it wouldn't surprise me if it gets inter worked with the 45 to reduce the PVR needed.

uniquicity

I've never created a schedule before but I'm pretty sure you can't interwork a 15 minute frequency service with a 30 minute one.

Kevin

10 minutes may be a fair bit but it's at west brom bus station, so about 5 mins sat in the middle and another 5 at the bus stop seems pretty normal from what I see
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

notepanel

Quote from: uniquicity on April 07, 2013, 07:34:28 PM
I've never created a schedule before but I'm pretty sure you can't interwork a 15 minute frequency service with a 30 minute one.

Whilst obviously you can't interwork every journey, if the timings fit it can still reduce the PVR by interworking some journeys. For example, prior to the introduction of the Sunday 77 service in Walsall the 10 and 6 used to interwork on Sundays (the 6 every hour and the 10 was half hourly). Likewise, whilst mainly for the purpose of getting drivers back to Walsall, the 935A & 51 interwork during the evenings despite being different frequencies.

Westy

So theres no actual through journeys then of the full route?

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on April 07, 2013, 10:37:08 PM

So theres no actual through journeys then of the full route?

Not according to the notice on the bus windows, seems to give the impression it's how uniquicity described it

Sh4318

I thought this might have been the way things pan out. With two different workings. It's a shame really, I was quite looking forward to going the whole journey. Surely some workings are from Londonderry - Pheasey, peak workings maybe? Will there be a Sunday service between West Brom & Pheasey
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Kevin

Quote from: Shaun on April 07, 2013, 11:40:16 PM
I thought this might have been the way things pan out. With two different workings. It's a shame really, I was quite looking forward to going the whole journey. Surely some workings are from Londonderry - Pheasey, peak workings maybe? Will there be a Sunday service between West Brom & Pheasey

Should be on sundays, can't remember what the poster said, but the 651 currently does so I imagine the 46 will

sonic84

The timetables are up on NXWM site now, and there do appear to be a couple of evening journeys which run from Londonderry to Asda Queslett.

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on April 08, 2013, 07:15:57 AM

Should be on sundays, can't remember what the poster said, but the 651 currently does so I imagine the 46 will

Thats me told then, just checked the new timetable and on sundays its just west brom - scott arms

uniquicity

Round trip on the 49 will now be 61 minutes evenings and Sundays. 30 minute frequency. Which suggests its going to interwork with something?

Sh4318

Quote from: uniquicity on April 12, 2013, 04:39:29 PM
Round trip on the 49 will now be 61 minutes evenings and Sundays. 30 minute frequency. Which suggests its going to interwork with something?

Looking at the timetable, the 49 will interwork with the 47/A.
The 47/A will arrive at West Brom at 22 & 52
To go onto the 49 departing at 00 and 30
Arriving back into West Brom at 01 and 31
To go onto the 47/A departing at 05 & 35

It's a good way to save buses, assuming the 49 is less busy in evenings, only a total of 4 buses will be needed

Sh4318

I think it's about time for a timetable change for the 46, 48 & 129, I just saw the 129, 46 & 48 from West Bromwich, following each other in quick succession, pretty sure that's not meant to happen  ???

JackC

Quote from: Shaun on April 12, 2013, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: uniquicity on April 12, 2013, 04:39:29 PM

Looking at the timetable, the 49 will interwork with the 47/A.
The 47/A will arrive at West Brom at 22 & 52
To go onto the 49 departing at 00 and 30
Arriving back into West Brom at 01 and 31
To go onto the 47/A departing at 05 & 35

It's a good way to save buses, assuming the 49 is less busy in evenings, only a total of 4 buses will be needed

Wednesbury to Bearwood - quite a round trip.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk