News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

About time there was some competition in Cannock??

Started by Bob, February 27, 2013, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: dgss1 on February 28, 2013, 07:45:25 PM
Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2013, 07:38:40 PM
Bob, maybe you and Dave could start your own bus company?  ::)
not bob and Dave bob and Reiss

Whats that supposed to mean? I dont make ludicrous route suggestions...

Dylan4579

No you don't, you think Cannock could have as much transport routes and competing, but Cannock is a small town of 65,022,with 27.7% of the populationwithout cars which means approximately 16,255 people using buses so with that small figure getting smaller, it's unlikely that Cannock (sadly) won't have a good bus network,but with profits so low chances are Arriva will sell it.   

CRP2012

Quote from: dgss1 on February 28, 2013, 07:45:25 PM
Quote from: Stu on February 28, 2013, 07:38:40 PM
Bob, maybe you and Dave could start your own bus company?  ::)
not bob and Dave bob and Reiss

Cannock > Merry hill cnt every 20 mins were we comming  ;D ;D ;D

Bob

'Chances are Arriva will sell it'? But if its an unprofitable basket case whod want to buy it?

Kevin

Quote from: bob on February 28, 2013, 08:41:22 PM
'Chances are Arriva will sell it'? But if its an unprofitable basket case whod want to buy it?

Diamond? hell, they might aswell, another Redditch all over
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

Quote from: Kevin on February 28, 2013, 09:24:28 PM

Redditch should be good operating territory and as someone who uses local buses there, they often do well

arrivaaston

Diamond?? They'd proberbly have the Pye Greens ever 20 seconds like they do with the 301!! I wonder how The Green Bus would cope competing in Cannock

CRP2012

right,so people are complaing about Arrivas buses & want to replace them with a company known for Nasty Darts  ::) & do you realy think that if diamond get arriva cannock buses they will change the interior 1 bit?  ::)

Kevin

Quote from: CRP2012 on February 28, 2013, 10:18:46 PM

right,so people are complaing about Arrivas buses & want to replace them with a company known for Nasty Darts  ::) & do you realy think that if diamond get arriva cannock buses they will change the interior 1 bit?  ::)

Kinda meant tongue in cheek, but take it whichever way you will....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

I doubt Diamond would be bothered with Cannock, although nxwm apparently were considering taking over the whole network & running it from Walsall not that long ago supposedly just prior to the Chase takeover. I wonder what happened there

arrivaaston

Well it ay just the interior is it, its deciding what colour diamond they'd use lol.....I think well stick with Arriva for the time being ;)

Bob

You never know tho mate, you gotta admit it does look like Arriva havent got much interest in running Cannock any more ...

arrivaaston

Maybe Travel Express lol..... Be nice to see somr antique buses pottering about in Cannock ;D

arrivaaston

True but I think its a case (and I'm not slating arriva) of they think there the "big boys" of cannock, no competitors so they can do what they like

Bob

Yea but if its not that profitable they might just f##k it off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk