News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Who will be replacing the 10/10H

Started by Dylan4579, February 24, 2013, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

sorry if this has been brought up before, but who will be replacing this service after diamonds withdrawal? 

Dylan4579

sonic84

Am I right in thinking that Augustus Road will no longer have a peak time service to the city centre.

I find it strange that the 10 isn't more popular with passengers living near Four Dwellings along Quinton Road West as it has got to be much quicker route into the city centre that the 24 & 99 provide.

I would say it was down to the travel card, but if NXB couldn't make it work then it must be something else.

Kevin

Somehow can't imagine it working, as it goes a different route out of town (ring road) than into town (broad st)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Will be interesting to see just how well used the new service is, especially as it seems to be the Monument Road area residents have demanded it.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

Quote from: sonic84 on February 25, 2013, 10:18:22 PM
Am I right in thinking that Augustus Road will no longer have a peak time service to the city centre.

I find it strange that the 10 isn't more popular with passengers living near Four Dwellings along Quinton Road West as it has got to be much quicker route into the city centre that the 24 & 99 provide.

I would say it was down to the travel card, but if NXB couldn't make it work then it must be something else.

Unfortunately with rush hour traffic as it is these days the Gilhurst Road / Augustus Road route is no longer the quick option as everyone uses it as a 'rat run'. From experience it can often take longer than crawling along Harborne High St. A shame because the 10 always did used to be a quicker option to town and used to pick up a lot of passengers along Quinton Rd West and West Boulevard, prior to the 103 (now 24) being diverted along Simmons Drive and Quinton Rd West.

Stuharris 6360

They don't seem to have communicated very well that the 10H is not being withdrawn.

Was on the 004 yesterday morning & a lot of people were all talking about what they would do without it. Strange because whenever i have seen the 10H, nobody was on it.

Mind you, even the bus services page on the Centro Website still says it's being withdrawn.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

10H was today being operated by a white Enviro200 fleetnumber 119, didn't manage to catch the registration

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Was also on there yesterday, think it was a 60 plate

Tony

Both 59 plates, here is 119 this evening
http://wmbusphotos.com/Ring+Ride/119.html

The other is 118    KX 59 CYZ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk