News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Started by raymondthebest, February 18, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Think I did see one on the 67 around that time as well

karl724223

not many got hagley road route branding on them soon be read to go to yardley wood  8)

PM

Virtually none of the Yardley Wood ones have 50 branding left on now tho now its off u can see the old 50 branding underneath which looked a lot better-wonder why they got rid of it??

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on March 02, 2013, 08:35:06 PM
not many got hagley road route branding on them soon be read to go to yardley wood  8)

has it been revealed Karl how many Enviros are coming from YW and PB? to replace them?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 02, 2013, 08:41:29 PM

has it been revealed Karl how many Enviros are coming from YW and PB? to replace them?

Id imagine if PN are losing relatively new buses then as a compromise they will have more buses to make up for it. I wonder, could it be as many as 44-all of 4718 to 4762 so as other routes so as the 9, 141, 246 and certain X96 boards can all be double decked?? Does anyone know when the PB ones are going to be refurbed and if the YW ones will be refurbed before coming to PN

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Peter123 on March 02, 2013, 09:00:36 PM

Id imagine if PN are losing relatively new buses then as a compromise they will have more buses to make up for it. I wonder, could it be as many as 44-all of 4718 to 4762 so as other routes so as the 9, 141, 246 and certain X96 boards can all be double decked?? Does anyone know when the PB ones are going to be refurbed and if the YW ones will be refurbed before coming to PN

This is exactly how I view this whole strange situation as being resolved as the topic of PE decker capacity is so often raised on this forum that surely it is being picked up by NXWM. Especially as The Green Bus from September will be running college services into Stourbridge, and what with the issues on the 246 might lure students away, especially as King Eds in particular is heavily promoting TGB.

But on a separate note has something like this ever happened before? Because it seems totally illogical to me that a bus is having 'too many miles put on it' and in order to solve this they are going to be swapped with buses 2 years older with probably more miles on the clock anyway

PM

Quote from: wilmotm on March 02, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

This is exactly how I view this whole strange situation as being resolved as the topic of PE decker capacity is so often raised on this forum that surely it is being picked up by NXWM. Especially as The Green Bus from September will be running college services into Stourbridge, and what with the issues on the 246 might lure students away, especially as King Eds in particular is heavily promoting TGB.

But on a separate note has something like this ever happened before? Because it seems totally illogical to me that a bus is having 'too many miles put on it' and in order to solve this they are going to be swapped with buses 2 years older with probably more miles on the clock anyway

And to be honest the buses from YW and PB that have been hammered on the 50 and on the sutton lines are also going to have high mileages which are no doubt higher than the buses they will replace. The 09 enviros will also continue to be worked hard on the 50, too.

Stuharris 6360

I totally agree with you. there has to be more to this than meets the eye. We all know the 9 is an intensive service and buses spend many hours out of garage and run many miles, but so do buses on the 50. all i can see is that the reliabilty of the 9 will fall because the older buses will breakdown more often.

And will this set a precedent for the future, if so we could see PE loose its Enviro 200s for the 222 in a few years because they are accumulating to much mileage and instead get some WB ALX200s to replace them with.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

By WBALX 200's I imagine you mean the Darts, if so I think you're probably going a bit far with that measure as over half of them are already being withdrawn and are worse than the B6's that were on the 222 previously but whatever happens I will certainly miss the PE Enviro batch, personally think they are the best lot, what with the uglier fronts of the 61 plates at Walsall and PB and been on them since they were brand new at BC nearly every day of the week

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wilmotm on March 02, 2013, 09:39:11 PM
By WBALX 200's I imagine you mean the Darts, if so I think you're probably going a bit far with that measure as over half of them are already being withdrawn and are worse than the B6's that were on the 222 previously but whatever happens I will certainly miss the PE Enviro batch, personally think they are the best lot, what with the uglier fronts of the 61 plates at Walsall and PB and been on them since they were brand new at BC nearly every day of the week

I always thought NXWM bought 4800-29 especially for the 9.

Mike K

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 02, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

I totally agree with you. there has to be more to this than meets the eye. We all know the 9 is an intensive service and buses spend many hours out of garage and run many miles, but so do buses on the 50. all i can see is that the reliabilty of the 9 will fall because the older buses will breakdown more often.

My thoughts too. The 50 also runs for 19 to 20 hours a day and I would have thought it must be one of the toughest routes in the region for wear and tear on buses. I also thought that (at least when they first went to PE), quite a few of the Enviros were sat in the garage between peaks. Not sure if this is still the case. I'd have thought most of the YW Enviros were on the road all day. It does seem a strange one but I guess there must be reasons.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 02, 2013, 09:41:36 PM
Quote from: wilmotm on March 02, 2013, 09:39:11 PM

I always thought NXWM bought 4800-29 especially for the 9.

Yes they did, but the 9 was previously operated by BC and both the buses and route transferred to PE June/July 2010

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Mike K on March 02, 2013, 09:52:34 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 02, 2013, 09:29:57 PM

My thoughts too. The 50 also runs for 19 to 20 hours a day and I would have thought it must be one of the toughest routes in the region for wear and tear on buses. I also thought that (at least when they first went to PE), quite a few of the Enviros were sat in the garage between peaks. Not sure if this is still the case. I'd have thought most of the YW Enviros were on the road all day. It does seem a strange one but I guess there must be reasons.

Whenever i have been to the garage, normally weekday around 12pm, there are 3 or 4 Enviros there, either on maintainance or are the ones used for the extras on the 9 during the peak!

j789

While the 50 is an intensive route in terms of number of passengers carried, I think the terrain of the route is nowhere near that of the 9. The 50 has a fairly flat route all along whereas the 9/141 are constantly up and down hills which will ultimately put more wear and tear on the vehicles. I would think because of this the 2007 Enviros doing the 50 will be in a similar shape to the newer ones so it does make sense what NXWM are doing. After all, The dudley area has always been a harsher environment for buses than Birmingham because of the hilly terrain.

Sorry, am I missing something here?! Why are pensnett's enviros moving??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk