News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400

Started by raymondthebest, February 18, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

It would be good if BC got a few I do agree Rob.

Lukeee

Sorry to hijack the thread but why is 4309 limited to 38mph

nitromatt1

You'll be lucky getting that one to 38 before running out of fuel anyway

Ashley 4569

Some tridents are slower than others for reasons unknown, as for 4309 I didn't realise it was a snail, I know 4554 is a snail for definate

nitromatt1

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on May 12, 2013, 11:18:14 PM
Some tridents are slower than others for reasons unknown, as for 4309 I didn't realise it was a snail, I know 4554 is a snail for definate

4594 is another slow one. 4541 is the fastest as far as I know/remember

Dylan4579

there would only be no traning if BC got standard B9TLS

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on May 12, 2013, 10:35:38 PM

It was done as a fuel saving experiment, so the other comment about it running out of fuel is a bit silly. Quite a few London buses are limited to 38mph. That was fun when I used to bring the Travel London ones up from Battersea to Walsall for painting and you got a 38mph one on the M1/M6!

Ashley 4569

With every other type of motor vehicle passing you at higher speeds I can't imagine being limited to 38mph on a motorway is much fun but I suppose it was something different

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2013, 08:02:43 AM

It was done as a fuel saving experiment, so the other comment about it running out of fuel is a bit silly.

It was something called "humour", regarding the acceleration of that vehicle. Don't worry; wasn't meant for you

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

It was done as a fuel saving experiment, so the other comment about it running out of fuel is a bit silly.

It was something called "humour", regarding the acceleration of that vehicle. Don't worry; wasn't meant for you

Acceleration is exactly the same as any other trident, it just stops accelerating when it gets to 38

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2013, 06:07:40 PM

Acceleration is exactly the same as any other trident, it just stops accelerating when it gets to 38

I have already said that buses, especially older ones such as that, develop characteristics making it possible to distinguish between individuals. Even buses, which on paper should be identical, aren't. I'm surprised that I'm having to tell you that

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 06:31:57 PM

I have already said that buses, especially older ones such as that, develop characteristics making it possible to distinguish between individuals. Even buses, which on paper should be identical, aren't. I'm surprised that I'm having to tell you that

And I have driven 4309 enough times to know that other than its top speed it is no different. It is impossible for a passenger to tell which are the best buses.

I am currently driving 18 brand new 13 plate Volvo B9Rs The same vehicle can feel different even on the same journey pulling away from different sets of traffic lights in London, and that is with my foot on the pedals so I know how low my foot is. There is no way a passenger can tell which is best

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2013, 08:03:47 PM

And I have driven 4309 enough times to know that other than its top speed it is no different. It is impossible for a passenger to tell which are the best buses.

I am currently driving 18 brand new 13 plate Volvo B9Rs The same vehicle can feel different even on the same journey pulling away from different sets of traffic lights in London, and that is with my foot on the pedals so I know how low my foot is. There is no way a passenger can tell which is best

That's not true, ask any enthusiast + frequent bus rider such as myself (and many others) and they will be able to tell you that certain buses are faster than others. I completely accept that there is nothing between new/young buses but in older vehicles differences in performance really become noticeable. I have noticed some buses being slower than others and had it confirmed by drivers

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 13, 2013, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2013, 08:03:47 PM

That's not true, ask any enthusiast + frequent bus rider such as myself (and many others) and they will be able to tell you that certain buses are faster than others. I completely accept that there is nothing between new/young buses but in older vehicles differences in performance really become noticeable. I have noticed some buses being slower than others and had it confirmed by drivers

But as I said in another topic it can just be impressions. Nearly every driver will tell you Tridents are faster accelerating than B7s, but that is not correct, quite often it is the other way around. Even to me a Trident at 40mph feels far faster than a B7 at 40 mph, probably because the B7 gives a much smoother less rattly ride. New Coach LT03 feels faster pulling away than most of the others. I don't think it actually is but the transmission makes a different noise and there is less of a gap while it is changing gear.

If I am pulling away from a set of traffic lights on Finchley Road in the rush hour surrounded by traffic acceleration feels quite fast. Doing the same pull away from the traffic lights at the bottom of the M1 onto a completely empty motorway if feels far slower.

When Walsall had B10Bs on the 311/313 which then went right through to Stourbridge any Walsall driver would tell you B10Bs were good hill climbers and B6s couldn't cope coming up Brettal Lane. When you looked at the speedo both would be doing almost the same speed at the top, about 28mph. The difference being the B10B would be in third gear at low revs feeling quite comfortable whereas the B6 would be sounding like it was about to blow up at high revs feeling much slower. The main difference being the temperature gauge in the B6 would by then be about 10 degrees higher than what it was at the bottom of the hill!

John

Just found this pic of 4882 at the ADL factory at Scarborough.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/st-bus-photos/8756466609/

Is there any word to where these 5 are going.

My guess is Walsall for the takeover of the 934??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk