News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Sh4318

I like the fact that the bottom rear window isn't vinyled up like the BC examples. I think it would look really good with branding
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

don

A BIT OFF TOPIC but....I don't live in the West Midlands so felt a bit left out of this poll, not having experienced either type anywhere.

However, today I took my car to be serviced and caught the bus to work....which was an Arriva Volvo B5/Wright hydrid (number 7006 for those interested) - brand new - in fact I saw about half a dozen of them in the space of 30 mins!! I took a couple of photos but they aren't too brilliant but will take some more tomorrow - they are bright green (grass colour) where the stone colour would be - as per the previous Arriva livery, not the latest one, and dark green where the blue would be - interior is dark blue with white rails - look superb!

I sat on the back seat upstairs - quite a lot of vibration and window rattle for my liking. Passengers looking at each other every time the engine cut out as well - presumably thinking it had broken down. The same as the Wolverhampton experience I think? The external branding is great (called Greenway) but interestingly there is none inside the bus - I think if there was people would not be so bothered when the engine keeps cutting out. But quite an impressively smooth transition from electric to diesel mode.

The bus seemed equally as fast and a lot more refined than the 8 yr old Trident/ALX400 screamer I travelled on later (but not a patch on the VDL DB250 with East Lancs body, 57 reg (6237 - 6240) - which seem rattle free and reasonably quiet BUT extremely fast).

I was going to press the Volvo button but I will have to try an E400H first to be fair!!

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BU07 LGO

Quote from: don on March 27, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
A BIT OFF TOPIC but....I don't live in the West Midlands so felt a bit left out of this poll, not having experienced either type anywhere.

However, today I took my car to be serviced and caught the bus to work....which was an Arriva Volvo B5/Wright hydrid (number 7006 for those interested) - brand new - in fact I saw about half a dozen of them in the space of 30 mins!! I took a couple of photos but they aren't too brilliant but will take some more tomorrow - they are bright green (grass colour) where the stone colour would be - as per the previous Arriva livery, not the latest one, and dark green where the blue would be - interior is dark blue with white rails - look superb!

I sat on the back seat upstairs - quite a lot of vibration and window rattle for my liking. Passengers looking at each other every time the engine cut out as well - presumably thinking it had broken down. The same as the Wolverhampton experience I think? The external branding is great (called Greenway) but interestingly there is none inside the bus - I think if there was people would not be so bothered when the engine keeps cutting out. But quite an impressively smooth transition from electric to diesel mode.

The bus seemed equally as fast and a lot more refined than the 8 yr old Trident/ALX400 screamer I travelled on later (but not a patch on the VDL DB250 with East Lancs body, 57 reg (6237 - 6240) - which seem rattle free and reasonably quiet BUT extremely fast).

I was going to press the Volvo button but I will have to try an E400H first to be fair!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesdawkins/8585805152
That it by any chance?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Is it just me or are the top deck front windscreens slightly different on the Arriva ones to the NXWM, and the WN ones with black gaps between the windows do look far far better

winston

Quote from: wilmotm on March 28, 2013, 01:16:16 AM
Is it just me or are the top deck front windscreens slightly different on the Arriva ones to the NXWM, and the WN ones with black gaps between the windows do look far far better

You may well find the Arriva ones are low height bodywork, which is why they are missing the curve off the top of upper deck front window

don

Quote from: BU07 LGO on March 28, 2013, 12:19:29 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesdawkins/8585805152
That it by any chance?

Yes, that's one of them - and it's 'Arriva skirt blue', not dark green as I stated. Saw 7011 yesterday so there must be 11 at least! Look unbelievably good in sunshine. Not my pic though! I'm sure the ones I've seen were newly in service this week, and they are 13 Reg.

Strangely, total traffic chaos in the area this morning owing to 'a broken down bus' - I wonder.....................

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

More of the 400H have been delivered to WN. I managed to get this quick pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/8600479496/in/photostream

Sorry about the quality!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Driver03

Enviros will be entering service next week ( wc 7-4-13 ) according to notice in the garage! I've seen at least two in garage for branding tonight (not sure of route branding or normal). So Trident 4609, you may be able to catch one soon ;)

Andrew1991

Ill be on one on their first day out :)

Got to add the B5LH are still looking clean inside, shame about the outside but now the bad weather is out the way they will be like new again.

Just one question, where are the buses for the metro replacement coming from ?

nitromatt1

Rode 5514 twice and 5515 today, they still have that nice 'new bus' smell, shame about all the litter everywhere though

Quote from: Driver03 on March 29, 2013, 11:38:44 PM
Enviros will be entering service next week ( wc 7-4-13 ) according to notice in the garage! I've seen at least two in garage for branding tonight (not sure of route branding or normal). So Trident 4609, you may be able to catch one soon ;)

I will let him know tomorrow. I assume they'll enter service on Monday 8th? I'm doing work experience at The Green Bus all that week so will be more difficult for me to get one

Quote from: 5513 on March 30, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

Got to add the B5LH are still looking clean inside, shame about the outside but now the bad weather is out the way they will be like new again.

The new 400H will go on the 1 and free up the normal unbranded Tridents that are currently located on it. These can be used for the Metro replacement which at peak is only every 15 mins and a 2hour round trip which means they will probably need 8/9 buses to coincide with the influx of 400H

nitromatt1

Wonder if a hybrid might turn up on Metro replacement at some point?

Andrew1991

Sorry what I meant was, if the E400's aren't entering service until next week, where are the spare buses coming from for this week, or will there be spares due to the school holiday.

Quote from: 5513 on March 30, 2013, 12:55:14 AM
Sorry what I meant was, if the E400's aren't entering service until next week, where are the spare buses coming from for this week, or will there be spares due to the school holiday.
The Enviro's are supposed to be entering service 01.04.13 the same day the metro replacement starts as far as I know

Where are some spare Mercedes bendi-buses when you need them  ;D ;D ;D

Trident 4609

Quote from: 5513 on March 30, 2013, 12:02:09 AM

I will look out for which garage and buses are operating the metro replacement service for you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk