News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

JIM C

DUNDEE TOOK DELIVERY OF ITS FIRST ALEXANDER DENNIS HYBRID YESTERDAY SP13BRZ  BUT IT STILL TO GET A FLEET NUMBER .

Gareth

5501 seen in Birmingham Saturday afternoon and void of leaves and fleet names on the offside. Didn't see the near side to see if that was the same.

nx4737

Quote from: Gareth on March 24, 2013, 02:10:39 AM
5501 seen in Birmingham Saturday afternoon and void of leaves and fleet names on the offside. Didn't see the near side to see if that was the same.

Weird.

Maybe they've had to re panel it...

Typhoon2000

Anyone know how both models are coping with the conditions? I'd have thought the Volvos must be doing well, for very obvious reasons but are the E400h's coping too?
People - The life blood of a city.
Public transport - the veins it flows by.

Mike K

Quote from: Gareth on March 24, 2013, 02:10:39 AM

Someone reported it has having received accident damage some time ago. I live on the 22/23 routes and haven't seen it for ages.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Typhoon2000 on March 24, 2013, 06:18:05 AM
Anyone know how both models are coping with the conditions? I'd have thought the Volvos must be doing well, for very obvious reasons but are the E400h's coping too?

Well I didn't see WN's full allocation out on the 1 yesterday at all, it was mostly Tridents with a Spectra! And 2 B7's as well but that might have been simply that they didn't want them getting damaged, I also noticed that where possible both WN and PE avoided using Mercs and had B7RLE's out is this because the good old o405's are the worst in the snow?

Andrew1991

The spectra was a replacement for something, but 5513 was out of service in sedgley with a mechanic van parked behind it.

Trident 4609

Me and Nitromatt1 caught 5515 on the 1 yesterday. I spotted a few on there but there were quite a few missing yesterday.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4609 on March 23, 2013, 08:29:28 PM
Does anyone know the date the E400H are entering service as me and my friend Nitromatt 1 are hoping to go on one during easter. I really want to go on a Enviro 400H. I've already been on the B5LH but they seem quite cramped.

You could always take a trip to Birmingham, and catch one on the 22 or 23 (and 24 on Sunday), if you can't wait.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

Trident 4609

I'm pretty sure user '4006' has put a link up of a new NXWM E400H the other day but that was a picture at night so i couldn't clearly see but these buses look great. My favourite Hybrid although going on the B5's i like them also but the E400H are still my favourite hybrid bus.

nitromatt1

Really hope these are as good as the BC ones! No contest in comparison with the B5

Trident 4609

I want to go on one of these during the easter holidays. I hope these come into service by next week. By the way can anybody confirm the date for these entering service?

woody38

Yeah me as well I always thought the E40 where a better bus than the B5 and by the look of the pic they just seem better finished of than the B5.  I live near Tettenhall Wood so can't wait to ride on one from Tettenhall wood to Dudley, anybody know when the E40 are going into service one the 1.

Driver03

BX13JOJ arrived to join the party yesterday too, here she is in the flesh ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94385515@N05/8593043167/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk