News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

NX Hybrids

Started by Nathan4775, April 18, 2012, 06:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the hybrids do you prefer?

Volvo B5LH
45 (55.6%)
Enviro400H
36 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 10:57:40 PM
Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 10:50:56 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 10:37:39 PM
Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 10:32:44 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 10:21:23 PM
Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 10:17:42 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 09:50:26 PM
Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 09:19:22 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2013, 09:00:34 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 08:50:48 PM
Quote from: Mike K on May 12, 2013, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 07:54:13 PM
So basically, the E400H is too good

I wonder what's different about these newer ones compared with the 61 plates. The BC ones did have some early teething issues and there were a couple of weeks where there were a load of breakdowns, but they seem fine these days, with a full complement of them consistently out in service.

The BC ones are generally faster too, although of course they vary individually (5406 seems slightly slower)

Impressions are wonderful things, but not always correct

In this case they are, I could be wrong about 5406 being slower but the BC E400Hs are faster than the WN ones. Fact.

Fact.... Not.....necessarily! (however you spell it) unless you have phsically driven both buses from both garages on a regular basis it would be impossible to tell which (if any) are quicker or slower. A fast bus can be driven slowly and like wise a slow but be hammered so it seams like its faster, different drivers different styles, different routes different timmings. For example you ride a WN Spectra on the 25 you'll find it nice and slow, ride one on the 126 though!!!!

No, every time I'm on a BC E400H it's faster than a WN E400H. No coincidence. I don't know why they are, but you'll have to accept it

So You have driven both..regularly?

Trust me, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance. You wouldn't understand. The BC Hybrids are faster, I can offer no explanation for it but if you can't accept it then that's your problem

Obviously from someone who has never drove a bus & can 'offer no explination' Quote! would not understand anything in relation to performance of one. If you cannot judge a bus by driving one I quote 'Trust me, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance' how on God's earth would you judge its performance then?...Isn't that what they do on Top Gear...errr drive a car to judge its performance???
In essence What your saying is you can tell a good book without even reading it first!!!
Riding One thing...Driving completely different!

I repeat, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance. I've ridden both types more times than I care to remember and the acceleration (not talking about top speed) of the BC examples is always noticably faster than the WN examples. I don't know why this is the case, but I'm just describing the facts, not explaining the technical reasons behind them. I really am not bothered what you have to say, because I know I'm right...

I give up have it your way! I can't be bothered to argue with a 15yr old who thinks they know it all
Guess what though everyone I've got news.....You can actually judge a vehicles performance without even driving it these days!!! Ch**** whatever next...talentless people will be able to judge talentless people on britains got talent  ::) ::) ::)

I think you need to get some sleep. Or a punchbag. I really am not bothered because I know when I could be right and when I am right, and in this case, I am ;)
Just cause you 'think' you are right doesn't mean you are, that's just what you think! and as you have driven neither your opinion is null & void. I doubt any driver even the most experienced can compare as they will not have driven both types regulary. Maybe its all in your imagination and you should get some sleep!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

nitromatt1

Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 11:06:09 PM

I wonder what's different about these newer ones compared with the 61 plates. The BC ones did have some early teething issues and there were a couple of weeks where there were a load of breakdowns, but they seem fine these days, with a full complement of them consistently out in service.

The BC ones are generally faster too, although of course they vary individually (5406 seems slightly slower)

In this case they are, I could be wrong about 5406 being slower but the BC E400Hs are faster than the WN ones. Fact.

Fact.... Not.....necessarily! (however you spell it) unless you have phsically driven both buses from both garages on a regular basis it would be impossible to tell which (if any) are quicker or slower. A fast bus can be driven slowly and like wise a slow but be hammered so it seams like its faster, different drivers different styles, different routes different timmings. For example you ride a WN Spectra on the 25 you'll find it nice and slow, ride one on the 126 though!!!!

No, every time I'm on a BC E400H it's faster than a WN E400H. No coincidence. I don't know why they are, but you'll have to accept it

Trust me, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance. You wouldn't understand. The BC Hybrids are faster, I can offer no explanation for it but if you can't accept it then that's your problem

Obviously from someone who has never drove a bus & can 'offer no explination' Quote! would not understand anything in relation to performance of one. If you cannot judge a bus by driving one I quote 'Trust me, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance' how on God's earth would you judge its performance then?...Isn't that what they do on Top Gear...errr drive a car to judge its performance???
In essence What your saying is you can tell a good book without even reading it first!!!

I repeat, you don't need to drive a bus to be able to judge its performance. I've ridden both types more times than I care to remember and the acceleration (not talking about top speed) of the BC examples is always noticably faster than the WN examples. I don't know why this is the case, but I'm just describing the facts, not explaining the technical reasons behind them. I really am not bothered what you have to say, because I know I'm right...

I give up have it your way! I can't be bothered to argue with a 15yr old who thinks they know it all
Guess what though everyone I've got news.....You can actually judge a vehicles performance without even driving it these days!!! Ch**** whatever next...talentless people will be able to judge talentless people on britains got talent  ::) ::) ::)

I think you need to get some sleep. Or a punchbag. I really am not bothered because I know when I could be right and when I am right, and in this case, I am ;)
Just cause you 'think' you are right doesn't mean you are, that's just what you think! and as you have driven neither your opinion is null & void. I doubt any driver even the most experienced can compare as they will not have driven both types regulary. Maybe its all in your imagination and you should get some sleep!

Don't be so mardy, I'm not "imagining" anything, I doubt you've even ridden the BC ones much, please don't try and argue with me. I thought you "gave up"? Would appreciate it if you could leave it now before we break the record for the largest quote pyramid

Driver03

Please can we not turn this into a flame war. Both opinions are valid and both should respect each others feelings. We are all on this forum for one reason and that is an interest in buses and transport, not to be arguing.

Just my two pence worth.

winston

Quote from: Driver03 on May 12, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
Please can we not turn this into a flame war. Both opinions are valid and both should respect each others feelings. We are all on this forum for one reason and that is an interest in buses and transport, not to be arguing.

Just my two pence worth.

Well said!

Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

Don't be so mardy, I'm not "imagining" anything, I doubt you've even ridden the BC ones much, please don't try and argue with me. I thought you "gave up"? Would appreciate it if you could leave it now before we break the record for the largest quote pyramid
Na I think we should carry on in case Arriva Bob gets A hump on again and tries to beat us  :-\  (sorry Bob, Regards) yes you're right I need sleep have to drive some of the slower WN hybrids tomorrow  :P I long for the faster BC one's  :P
cheers Matt
Regards

Quote from: Driver03 on May 12, 2013, 11:15:36 PM

Just my two pence worth.

Well said but funny though eh?  ;)

nitromatt1

Quote from: 4006 on May 12, 2013, 11:16:37 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on May 12, 2013, 11:12:10 PM

Na I think we should carry on in case Arriva Bob gets A hump on again and tries to beat us  :-\  (sorry Bob, Regards) yes you're right I need sleep have to drive some of the slower WN hybrids tomorrow  :P I long for the faster BC one's  :P
cheers Matt
Regards

Don't get me wrong there's not much difference between them, but I am very observant (sometimes too much so for my own good)!

Do you prefer to drive the B5s or Enviros?

Kevin

Two words, them being "different" and "drivers"
My tuppence worth
Goodnight
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMK

Just to chip in; can you really compare the acceleration rates of the hybrids at WN & BC fairly when the BC drivers have been driving them longer (thus they are more familiar with them than WN) and they are used on different routes?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Dylan4579

all of this for one question, ;d

Tony

It is all perceptions and I think you will find they are identical.

If a driver acclerates hard up Broad Street in Birmingham it will feel like the bus is accelerating really fast, because of the nature of the road and traffic around, whereas if a driver accelerates hard down Tettenhall Road on the straight tree lined section it will not feel so fast. It is the same with top speeds. A driver driving at 35mph around most of the Outer Circle in Birmingham will feel faster than a trident doing 40mph down the Small Heath by-pass.

I am sure Trident only feel like they accelerate faster than B7s because of the different engine noises. I know from practice and driving both they are so close in actual acceleration it is not worth arguing over and sometimes it is the one that seems slower that is faster.

Even B6s when they seem like they are really struggling up steep hills like Brettell Lane towards Brierley Hill, when you look at the speedo it is normally holding between 25 & 30mph

BU07 LGO

The best way to find exact speeds is with a satnav or one of the many apps for smartphones

Tony

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 13, 2013, 10:46:03 AM
The best way to find exact speeds is with a satnav or one of the many apps for smartphones

But that still won't tell you which bus is better than another because it is rare for a bus to ever get to its top speed and acceleration still depends on that driver

Trident 4609

WN's E400H haven't gone anywhere afterall! There was 5513 on the 59 and i saw a Branded B5 and a E400H on the 1.

So i wonder why there were no hybrids in Service?

nitromatt1

I know someone would mention the top speed ::) obviously I was talking about the acceleration, comparing performance when being driven properly (i.e. accelerating to the maximum extent possible)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk