News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXCOV21

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 21, 2013, 01:08:53 PM
2147 loan to CV for training and seen around in City Centre 11:44am.
is it safe to assume that Coventry will be getting examples of this bus in the not to distant future ?

richie

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 21, 2013, 01:08:53 PM
2147 loan to CV for training and seen around in City Centre 11:44am.

Bet there will be B7 RLE on the foleshill road then??? Omnilinks to AG?

don

Not sure why they would need to transfer any buses out of Coventry - they have around 35 of the oldest Mercs, of which 18 are R Reg and thus amongst the oldest buses in the NXWM/NXC fleet.

Interesting they are training on B7RLEs - any arriving could potentially be new ones (not yet announced) or nearly new transfers? BC have 30 and WN 48 (both of which garages seem to be involved in new buses/cascades resulting from new Hybrids at WN).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Daniel541

I suggests Blue Scanias has lost branded on Foleshill Rd, Receive a new 17 buses on the Foleshill Rd + 10 ADL on the 10 route between Bell Green to Eastern Green with Every 15min and Total is 27 buses.

Stu

Quote from: don on February 21, 2013, 03:00:05 PM
Not sure why they would need to transfer any buses out of Coventry - they have around 35 of the oldest Mercs, of which 18 are R Reg and thus amongst the oldest buses in the NXWM/NXC fleet.

Interesting they are training on B7RLEs - any arriving could potentially be new ones (not yet announced) or nearly new transfers? BC have 30 and WN 48 (both of which garages seem to be involved in new buses/cascades resulting from new Hybrids at WN).

Tony has previously suggested that much of the new order of double-decks would be used to upgrade some routes to single-decker; so while some single-deck vehicles could be withdrawn, there's no reason why there couldn't be a shifting around of 'nearly-new' single-decks to replace older ones too on routes that still need them.

Quote from: Shaun on February 21, 2013, 01:15:41 PM
37 branded Omnilink in Coventry for Driver Training

That's quite strange, as Coventry already operate Omnilinks (and are rumoured to be losing them) why would they need another one for driver training?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that the Foleshill Road omnilinks have only been debranded to have a new branded put on them similar to the 4 and 37.

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

don

Quote from: Stu on February 21, 2013, 07:29:30 PM
Tony has previously suggested that much of the new order of double-decks would be used to upgrade some routes to single-decker; so while some single-deck vehicles could be withdrawn, there's no reason why there couldn't be a shifting around of 'nearly-new' single-decks to replace older ones too on routes that still need them.

Yes I know, and I agree with what you say - however as Coventry has more of the oldest single decker vehicles than any other garage it would make sense to actually replace some of their old single deckers, with new double deckers (Tony says 10) than to shift newer ones elsewhere. I'm guessing NXC may receive some cascaded newer single deck vehicles or brand new ones at some point also.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

JoNi

Engineering staff from Acocks Green sometimes drive over in buses to Coventry. I've seen AG Geminis, Presidents and 37 branded Omnilinks as well as Volvo single deckers used on the 73 in Coventry in recent months during the daytime with mechanics driving.

winston

Quote from: JoNi on February 23, 2013, 06:13:07 PM
Engineering staff from Acocks Green sometimes drive over in buses to Coventry. I've seen AG Geminis, Presidents and 37 branded Omnilinks as well as Volvo single deckers used on the 73 in Coventry in recent months during the daytime with mechanics driving.

Doesn't Coventry do MOT work for AG?

JoNi

I don't know if Coventry do MOT work for AG, but the President came and went in about 10 minutes!

MW

Quote from: Winston on February 23, 2013, 06:23:11 PM
Quote from: JoNi on February 23, 2013, 06:13:07 PM

Doesn't Coventry do MOT work for AG?

I'm quite sure YW do AG/CV MOT's.

Daniel541

2153 loan to CV for Cov driver training in City Centre around on 09:44 and 11:23

winston

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 27, 2013, 12:00:30 PM
2153 loan to CV for Cov driver training in City Centre around on 09:44 and 11:23

Sounds as though NXC are due a batch of Volvo B7RLE's then

Daniel541

Yes, Fantastic news :D

I can believe Volvo B7RLE's could be new branding on the Foleshill Rd will be light green branding similar colour on the 48 branded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk