News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Replacement buses

Started by Bob, February 10, 2013, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I noticed today there was a rail replacement bus on the chase line. Does anyone know if there will be trains running between Cannock & Birmingham on Saturday 23rd Feb & Sunday 24th Feb?

Tony

Quote from: bob on February 10, 2013, 06:44:34 PM
I noticed today there was a rail replacement bus on the chase line. Does anyone know if there will be trains running between Cannock & Birmingham on Saturday 23rd Feb & Sunday 24th Feb?

Hi Bob

The one thing London Midland do very well is information, all planned engineering work ammendments are listed here
http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/engineering-works/

Ash

I noticed some blue diamond buses and green buses operating the rail replacement services at Sandwell and Dudley, even though the blue diamond bus was an optare solo  :o

Bob

Just out of interest the chase line is being operated by buses today. The 3 coach trains get rammed and theres a dennis dart I think running the replacement service. Do they turn you away if the bus is full? Im supposed to be getting the 1907 one tonight

Ash

I was on a central buses replacement service it was a full bus but no one was standing. Also saw 1883/1901 with route 4 drivers. Looked like any buses they could get there hands on were put out in service.

John

Quote from: Ash on April 20, 2013, 09:19:19 PM
I was on a central buses replacement service it was a full bus but no one was standing. Also saw 1883/1901 with route 4 drivers. Looked like any buses they could get there hands on were put out in service.

Ones I saw today were -
'MX56 HYA' and the long Enviro200 were on there from Central Buses.

Saw also at least 2 NXWM OmniLink's, both from Walsall (1883, 1903).

The Green Bus 'P452 BPH' and a Wicksons coach were on there as well.

Ash

It was the dart of central buses that I was on and it took ages to get from Aston to Tame Bridge and apart from Perry Barr nobody got off at Hamstead or Witton. I think if I wanted to go to Walsall from New Street I would have definitely caught the X51 and paid £2 would be so much quicker than being over an hour on one bus. 

Kevin

Christ I had a magical mystery tour on the replacement bus to and from town from tame bridge on Sunday, I don't know about the tame bridge - Hamstead section because I've never done that but regularly been on the route taken for the rest, and both efforts on Sunday were nowhere close, the one from town ended up going via saltley, star city and holford drive. They seriously need to standardize the routes and stops for these things, because at both Aston and witton coming from town people were waiting at the usual bus stop, the bus came on the other side of the road and they had to hurry across the road to try and catch it, all three buses on the route stopped at different places at Hamstead
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ash

Quote from: Kevin on April 22, 2013, 11:53:15 AM
Christ I had a magical mystery tour on the replacement bus to and from town from tame bridge on Sunday, I don't know about the tame bridge - Hamstead section because I've never done that but regularly been on the route taken for the rest, and both efforts on Sunday were nowhere close, the one from town ended up going via saltley, star city and holford drive. They seriously need to standardize the routes and stops for these things, because at both Aston and witton coming from town people were waiting at the usual bus stop, the bus came on the other side of the road and they had to hurry across the road to try and catch it, all three buses on the route stopped at different places at Hamstead

I had the same tour Saturday the driver dropped someone off outside Hamstead station then we had to go up Hamstead hill towards Birmingham until he could turn round took so long.

s-m-991

Talking of replacement buses, can West Midland Day Rangers be used on them? As me and my mate on Saturday are doing another outing, there is one between Wolves and Shrewsbury and we was debating about it. If anyone can give a good answer would be appreciated :-D

Kevin

Don't see why not, its technically speaking a "train" route so...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk