News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rebrand NXCoventry to NXWest Midlands

Started by RebrandCovBuses, February 10, 2013, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebrandCovBuses

What do you think to Coventry buses being branded to NX West Midlands? I'm in favour of this and I would like to see it happen. I was against Coventry buses going from TWM to TC in 2002 and I think it's about time they went back to a WM name.
Whilst I know people would be against it, I just think it will be better!

RebrandCovBuses

What do you think to Coventry buses being branded to NX West Midlands? I'm in favour of this and I would like to see it happen. I was against Coventry buses going from TWM to TC in 2002 and I think it's about time they went back to a WM name.
Whilst I know people would be against it, I just think it will be better!

richie

As the majority of people in Coventry don't like to admit they are from the West Midlands I think it would be a bad move to re brand the business. I also think the more localised approach and management of NXC make it an award winning business with a better local image than its big brother.

Bob

;DCoventry isnt in the West Midlands county anymore though ?

richie

RebrandCovBuses

Many people from Coventry are happy to be part of the West Midlands, it just falls down mainly with older folk (60+) who disagree.
I'm Coventry born and bred and I still live in the City, I believe that a rebrand is the right thing along with other residents.

CRP2012

I Like That Theyve kept coventry as its own identity against the rest of west midlands.Would it make any difference if they did,because theres already tickets usable for both brands plus i carnt see it affecting fares.Only difference would be it might make things easier to transfer

RebrandCovBuses

It would defo make it easier to transfer between different garages but its more cost effective to. I also think that it just makes more sense for one brand.
I'm born and bred from Coventry and I still live in the city and I'm all for a rebrand. I think if they were to keep both services separate, they should maybe consider localising other garages/areas. just like going back in time in the WMT days.

Don't First, Arriva and the other big groups in the main have their buses in the same livery? I would suggest it would make sence to make Coventry's the same. It would mean for a start that buses could be easily intergrated if needed into the rest of the fleet making transfers etc easier. Problem with this is the extra costs to repaint more buses and I guess Coventry buses will loose the bit of identity they still have
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Sh4318

That would require even more money to repaint all of Coventry's fleet when NXWM's fleet isn't even fully in NXWM livery
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richie

Just think if it was the same livery as nxwm I would have thought Coventry would have received a lot of the presidents sent to  AG and YW

wulfrun

RebrandCovBuses I am 100% behind your campain. But I am interested to know if you are doing this from a "bus enthusiast" point of view, or from a political point of view?

For me it is not just about the "colour" of a bus - it is much deeper than that. This nonsense about Coventry buses is all about identity. Where is Coventry?

I don't see ANY benefit in having Coventry buses branded separately other then to appease to the backward old farts who live at that end of the county who still think Coventry is in Warwickshire.

I believe the intention from National Express is to split "West Midlands" into "NX Black Country" and "NX Birmingham". Solihull services being served between NX Birmingham and NX Coventry operations. BONKERS! Who are they trying to please? We are one region ONE COUNTY. Why are these institutions trying to split us up by putting lines on maps that DON'T EXIST.

Coventry is IN the West Midlands County - has been since 1974, as are the boroughs of Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Sandwell, Birmingham and Solihull. We are THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN city/metro boroughs that make up this brilliant county - a region that would otherwise be split between THREE counties. We work TOGETHER to try and make things better for ALL OF US - transport being one such thing - which has been made more difficult, due to bus degregulation and the abolition of the WM County Council in 1986.

It is VERY important our (n)Bus, (n)Train and (n)Network passes are valid on bus/rail services across the WM County - thus 100% of Coventry. And to ensure these passes are valid in Coventry, then that City must always be a fully paid up member to the WM County and thus be invited to negotiate her concerns to the WM table and not to feel she has been left out on a limb - where it will only lead to many having aspirations to wish to be separate - for such notions will only lead to Coventry leaving the County. The pressure to paint the buses a different colour is a political one. This is why I want those Coventry buses rebranded - so the county name - that we all live in - is proudly displayed on the sides of all our (NX) buses.

For as the West Midlands County motto proudly states: FORWARD IN UNITY!
"Forward in Unity"

Tony

Quote from: wulfrun on February 10, 2013, 07:12:10 PM
RebrandCovBuses I am 100% behind your campain. But I am interested to know if you are doing this from a "bus enthusiast" point of view, or from a political point of view?

For me it is not just about the "colour" of a bus - it is much deeper than that. This nonsense about Coventry buses is all about identity. Where is Coventry?

I don't see ANY benefit in having Coventry buses branded separately other then to appease to the backward old farts who live at that end of the county who still think Coventry is in Warwickshire.

I believe the intention from National Express is to split "West Midlands" into "NX Black Country" and "NX Birmingham". Solihull services being served between NX Birmingham and NX Coventry operations. BONKERS! Who are they trying to please? We are one region ONE COUNTY. Why are these institutions trying to split us up by putting lines on maps that DON'T EXIST.

Coventry is IN the West Midlands County - has been since 1974, as are the boroughs of Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Sandwell, Birmingham and Solihull. We are THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN city/metro boroughs that make up this brilliant county - a region that would otherwise be split between THREE counties. We work TOGETHER to try and make things better for ALL OF US - transport being one such thing - which has been made more difficult, due to bus degregulation and the abolition of the WM County Council in 1986.

It is VERY important our (n)Bus, (n)Train and (n)Network passes are valid on bus/rail services across the WM County - thus 100% of Coventry. And to ensure these passes are valid in Coventry, then that City must always be a fully paid up member to the WM County and thus be invited to negotiate her concerns to the WM table and not to feel she has been left out on a limb - where it will only lead to many having aspirations to wish to be separate - for such notions will only lead to Coventry leaving the County. The pressure to paint the buses a different colour is a political one. This is why I want those Coventry buses rebranded - so the county name - that we all live in - is proudly displayed on the sides of all our (NX) buses.

For as the West Midlands County motto proudly states: FORWARD IN UNITY!

The 'West Midlands County' doesn't have a motto any more because it is no longer an officially recognised county. Locally branded buses do help with passenger goodwill considerably look at the problems First had has recently with people on other topics on here slagging first off for not being local.

The West Midlands Name has stuck a lot better than some other 1974 invented county names. No one in Wigan would say they are in Greater Manchester, No one on Bristol says they are in Avon. Other counties that no longer have any administration

RebrandCovBuses

My reasons behind the rebrand are as a bus enthusiast bus also as a Coventrian who would like to see Coventry to integrate back with the West Midlands county. Over the last few years it seems that the city that I was born and bred has lost some ties with the county. Wether this be due to the city council or MP's I don't know, but I know that prior to Dec 2002 Coventry buses proudly carried the TWM livery/name which it should return to doing.

The cost to change the name and livery won't take long or much an can be done on a day by day basis as this was the case in 2002 to change to TC. NX will have you think that the citizens of the city wanted a local identity but this was not the case. No research or feedback was sought from the residents (this was obtained from NXC) for the rebrand so I can't see how they seem to know its what residents want.

I currently have a Facebook page and twitter page to promote the issue, please add and follow me if you support a rebrand.
The FB address is www.facebook.com/rebrand.coventrybuses and twitter is @RebrandCovBuses

Tony

Quote from: RebrandCovBuses on February 10, 2013, 08:40:14 PM
My reasons behind the rebrand are as a bus enthusiast bus also as a Coventrian who would like to see Coventry to integrate back with the West Midlands county. Over the last few years it seems that the city that I was born and bred has lost some ties with the county. Wether this be due to the city council or MP's I don't know, but I know that prior to Dec 2002 Coventry buses proudly carried the TWM livery/name which it should return to doing.

The cost to change the name and livery won't take long or much an can be done on a day by day basis as this was the case in 2002 to change to TC. NX will have you think that the citizens of the city wanted a local identity but this was not the case. No research or feedback was sought from the residents (this was obtained from NXC) for the rebrand so I can't see how they seem to know its what residents want.

Will painting the buses red and putting a different fleetname on improve the service offered? Will it make any different tickets valid on the buses? - no. The buses will still be driven by the same staff, managed by the same management. Passenger numbers in Coventry are currently rising so something is being done right, why change for the sake of change. I personally don't like the Coventry livery and my personal preference would be for Coventry to have a fleet of buses in the 4453 livery.

It is far more difficult to segregate any of the other former municiples as the services are far more intertwined now than they were in 1969/1974
I currently have a Facebook page and twitter page to promote the issue, please add and follow me if you support a rebrand.
The FB address is www.facebook.com/rebrand.coventrybuses and twitter is @RebrandCovBuses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk