News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Night Buses

Started by Stuharris 6360, February 01, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2013, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2013, 06:05:32 PM
Technically no, as your pass has a 'not valid after' date.

For example, my current pass says not valid after 1st November, so if I'm out somewhere on 1st November late at night, if I try to catch a bus at 00:14 the date will be 2nd November so my pass should be invalid.

Management have today confirmed all tickets are valid to board a bus until 0159 next day

So basically end of service.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 14, 2013, 07:00:51 PM
Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2013, 06:55:50 PM
Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2013, 06:05:32 PM
Technically no, as your pass has a 'not valid after' date.

For example, my current pass says not valid after 1st November, so if I'm out somewhere on 1st November late at night, if I try to catch a bus at 00:14 the date will be 2nd November so my pass should be invalid.

Management have today confirmed all tickets are valid to board a bus until 0159 next day

So basically end of service.

As I said, 'technically' as from a calendar date perspective.

So as far as 'daytime service' goes then, it is still '1st Nov' at 00:15 (or whenever before 01:59) on 2nd Nov. In all honesty, there are not many inspectors checking tickets at 1am on many services though!  ;)

I have in the past though seen drivers refuse to admit passengers after midnight as their Daysavers were from the previous 'day'. That was in the past though.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Another interesting point I've just thought about, with regard to the 24hr service on the 97...

..with the clocks going back an hour in the next couple of weeks, how does that affect the timetable?

As an extra hour is added to 'night-time' (when the clock hits 2am it goes back to 1am) will an extra journey be added?

For example, the 97A is timetabled to leave the Airport at 01:15, will the next journey leave at 01:15 also?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2013, 07:23:12 PM
Another interesting point I've just thought about, with regard to the 24hr service on the 97...

..with the clocks going back an hour in the next couple of weeks, how does that affect the timetable?

As an extra hour is added to 'night-time' (when the clock hits 2am it goes back to 1am) will an extra journey be added?

For example, the 97A is timetabled to leave the Airport at 01:15, will the next journey leave at 01:15 also?  :D

Good point Stu. Maybe an extra journey might be added otherwise there would be a 2 hour gap in the service when the clocks change

Steveminor

And what about when the clocks go forward again?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on October 14, 2013, 07:23:12 PM

Two ways:

1) Start the duty on BST and then do the times once clocks change and mentally add on an hour.
Or
2) Start the duty on GMT and maintain that time even though its still technically BST.

Number 1 is what the coaches do.

If the journey starts in Summer Time then it'll stick to that until that running card is over.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nx4737

How are the night journeys on the 97 doing loading wise since the night bus introduction?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk