News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel de Courcey.

Started by BN, April 17, 2012, 11:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Yes dark green with black and dark green leather and wood flooring. Now in service.

lgr

I was at the University of Warwick's open day today and Travel de Courcey  were operating the park and ride service. This was the first time I've got to use their services and they were excellent! So well maintained, I've never see NXWM Tridents that clean or so quiet!

BN

Thanks lgr. Some are better than others but all are pretty good. 4 more recently bought with 1 already at the paintshop.

Having caught the odd Travel de Courcey and finding them to be extremely reliable and very friendly drivers, are there any plans to hopefully expand now that the Birmingham has opened, or is that just for the NX Coach Contract? As I live in Solihull would be great to see them over here. Perhaps even competing with Blue Diamond on the 82 even?

D10

To be honest it is doubtful they would want to compete on the 82. As far as I am aware it is a Centro tender so that would be the best way to try to pick it up.

The routes between Solihull and Coventry have been unprofitable for years. Even way back in the late 1970's the WMPTE had Mid Warwickshire Motors running them on their behalf to try to run them cheaper.

Valandil

De Courcey's L1 service finished on Friday.
Shame really, but few students/staff ever caught it, since it was cheaper overall to buy the annual pass and cram into a Stagecoach U1!

Valandil

Quote from: lgr on May 12, 2012, 02:33:28 PM
I was at the University of Warwick's open day today and Travel de Courcey  were operating the park and ride service. This was the first time I've got to use their services and they were excellent! So well maintained, I've never see NXWM Tridents that clean or so quiet!

Are you starting at the uni this academic year?
It's a good time to be there, as the introduction of the vast range of De Courcey's services (now a little reduced) was less than two years ago, so everything is settling into place.

De Courcey will also be gracing the university's premises with hourly service 801 from late October, but this will be counter-balanced by the withdrawal of the peak-only 43a (and its sister service 43).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk