News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Crashes

Started by Andrew1991, January 25, 2013, 03:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notepanel

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 15, 2013, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 15, 2013, 06:57:41 PM
According to Nathan there has been a bus involved in a crash on the Birmingham New Road today, I assume the 126 but know nothing more other than it's jammed the Birmingham New Road up (even more than it usually is)

According to road traffic report, it was 2 cars that were involved on the Birmingham New Road between Sedgley Road & Priory Road.

From NXWM Twitter "#126 delay - Two accidents on Birmingham New Road - one involving a cyclist near Laburnum Road and a two-car crash at Sedgley Road West"

nitromatt1

According to Nathan there has been a bus involved in a crash on the Birmingham New Road today, I assume the 126 but know nothing more other than it's jammed the Birmingham New Road up (even more than it usually is)

According to road traffic report, it was 2 cars that were involved on the Birmingham New Road between Sedgley Road & Priory Road.

That's the one, must've misheard him. My bad

Trident 4609

No not a bus. The bus i wad on was stranded just before the lights for an hour. It was cars involved right on the junction. No buses.involved. Diversion route through Wrens Nest Estate. Took the garage an hour to sort out a Diversion route!

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 15, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

Yes 4580 (Bus i was on) and 4608 were stranded for an hour before finally turning right and going through Wrens Nest Estate.

One of the cars looked completley mangled and lots of police , ambulance and two fire engines in attendance.

That's the one, must've misheard him. My bad

Liverpool Street

Saw a Diamond Centro this afternoon near to Digbeth Coach Station with smashed up lower skirt panels - still in service!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 15, 2013, 08:33:23 PM
Saw a Diamond Centro this afternoon near to Digbeth Coach Station with smashed up lower skirt panels - still in service!

Which one? Was it a MAN one or a volvo? If it was a MAN one was it yellow-804 or blue KX57OVS?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 08:34:58 PM

Which one? Was it a MAN one or a volvo? If it was a MAN one was it yellow-804 or blue KX57OVS?

Was blue big old DIAMOND logo, too far away to see a fleet number. Whats the difference between MAN and Volly? If I took any real notice of Diamond I'd know the difference.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: The Retiring Rat on July 15, 2013, 08:38:08 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 08:34:58 PM

Was blue big old DIAMOND logo, too far away to see a fleet number. Whats the difference between MAN and Volly? If I took any real notice of Diamond I'd know the difference.

Must be one of the volvos then. Basically, the MANs at long acre are a lot shorter than the volvos and have a seat over the front nearside wheelarch. They also have a less steep rear overhang if that makes sense. To complicate things still further, 801 and 806 are long MANs-similar length to volvos but longer rear overhang that goes up less steeply. If its one of the volvos then that was good while it lasted!!

Kevin

Apparently yet another crash this morning, bus and car at the junction of ellerton road and Finchley road in longstanding, can only assume it was a 33. Anyone know anything more?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2013, 12:10:26 PM
Apparently yet another crash this morning, bus and car at the junction of ellerton road and Finchley road in longstanding, can only assume it was a 33. Anyone know anything more?

Not another crash! :( Yet again another crash within a matter of days of the last one

The Real 4778

Longstanding?

Is that where Mike Yarlwood lives?
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 02, 2013, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2013, 12:10:26 PM

Not another crash! :( Yet again another crash within a matter of days of the last one

I have heard that a car hit the kerb rolled on it's roof, back onto its wheels and into a 33, again no fault of the bus

Mike K

Quote from: The Real 4778 on August 02, 2013, 02:55:53 PM
Longstanding?

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm actually starting to routinely refer to places by their 'alternative' names because of this forum.

BU07 LGO

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on August 02, 2013, 04:17:34 PM
Quote from: The Real 4778 on August 02, 2013, 02:55:53 PM
Longstanding?

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm actually starting to routinely refer to places by their 'alternative' names because of this forum.

My apologies, predictive text on me phone decided "kingstanding" was not a real word
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk