News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Optare Excel

Started by don, April 17, 2012, 01:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Aw thanks Kay P - a positive comment about Excels  :)

Peter123 and Michael - call yourselves bus enthusiasts  ;D  even the most unsuccessful buses need a good send off! And these are the nicest looking even if some of the staff hate em (BTW how do you get Karma/Caldmore of  -27  ??? )
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMK

Quote from: Michael on April 19, 2012, 08:13:27 PM
How about we push the last one off a cliff. Commemorative enough.
If it's one of ex-Dundee ones I'll join you lol
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

MW

The Metrobuses were significant because they were 'built by the people for the people' in Birmingham and lasted 30 years. These only 14 years and nobody likes them and they aren't Brummie built. They basically do not matter.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Seen Merc's today on the 27 and 27A,  Merc's on the 297 moving onto previously B6 operated routes but bizarelly a couple of B6's on the 246 full to the brim, makes no sense whatsoever!

'PUSH' off the cliff exactly it would probably break down before it even reached the cliff on its own! :P
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

As discussed earlier Excells are still running regular on 25 28 27 and sometimes on other routes like 11/81/2 and are being used as 'spares' so they pop up on things like 59, 1 even 79 many of them are still running or are at the garage. 686/94/8/702/ and 7208 (Accident Damage) are in the yard at Wolves some in various stages of dismantlement along with 1544/1650/73 and one of the Solo's.

Wolfman

Send em all away. Yes, c'mon. Especially the ex-Dundee examples. Terrible. The seats are so close together plus catching them on peak hours of the day? Its the inconvenience of it all that will do your head in.
What happened to free speech?

don

Quote from: Wolfman on April 22, 2012, 05:14:18 AM
Send em all away. Yes, c'mon. Especially the ex-Dundee examples. Terrible. The seats are so close together plus catching them on peak hours of the day? Its the inconvenience of it all that will do your head in.

The Dundee/Travel London ones have already gone  ???

Any update.........are the remainder still going. A pic of 711 in NXWM livery appeared on Flickr the other day, so I'm guessing some are still running.

John

Quote from: don on April 29, 2012, 10:51:43 AM
Any update.........are the remainder still going. A pic of 711 in NXWM livery appeared on Flickr the other day, so I'm guessing some are still running.

I saw 712 still in 1st livery on Friday on the 81

Most are still running or at the garage parked up. They are still regular on 25/25A/27/28/81/82
Definately within the last week or so 687/93/99/700/03/05/11/14/15 have been in operation regularly

Quote from: John-s-91 on April 29, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
Quote from: don on April 29, 2012, 10:51:43 AM

Excells in service/due for service today:
684/7/93/9/700/1/3/4/6/8/10-12/14

I think they're ok :), when are they expected to be withdrawn, as a lot of people have said they're still used

Quote from: don on April 20, 2012, 12:08:11 AM
Aw thanks Kay P - a positive comment about Excels  :)

Peter123 and Michael - call yourselves bus enthusiasts  ;D  even the most unsuccessful buses need a good send off! And these are the nicest looking even if some of the staff hate em (BTW how do you get Karma/Caldmore of  -27  ??? )

don

I think all of the ex Travel London ones have been withdrawn and last month's fleet changes included a batch of the longer ones withdrawn. I'm guessing we'll see some more withdrawn possibly in this month's fleet changes imminently.

About 15/16 seem to be accounted for above, which suggests 20 have been withdrawn.

don

Another 6 gone this month  :'(  :'(

Will there be a commemorative journey for Mercs, b10s and b6les when they leave, I mean, they have served over 10 years

Quote from: don on April 19, 2012, 11:51:43 AM
That makes sense - not really an accessible bus then - well accessible but no where to go once you're on it. I always thought the short ones looked all front overhang and very little bus,  even more so in NXWM livery.

Will there be a commemorative journey for the last Excel in service..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk