News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

CANNOCK ROUTES MOVING TO WEDNESFIELD

Started by Bob, January 15, 2013, 09:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Apparently The 33 & 68 routes will be moving to Wednesfield garage once the takeover is properly completed, oh well the 33 at least cant have any worse buses on it even if they do use Midland's fleet the knackered Cannock MPDs currently on it are on a par with the Midland fleet

NXWM Spectra

I'm expecting the 560 to move to Wednesfield too.

68 is an interesting one because that terminates in Cannock.

jarh_9394

The 33 isn't moving across.

Thanks for your kind words.

Westy

What about the former Midland version of Service 33?

Is that still running & is it likely to move to Cannock?

Bob

arrivaaston

So your saying that Cannocks 33 will stay the same and Wednesfield will run 1??and I reckon the 68 won't run into cannock, I think it'll terminate elsewhere because cannock will have the 70 and 810

Bob

That wouldnt work the 810 only runs about 3-4 times a day mon to fri an no one uses it except a handful of pensioners must be the least profitable route in Cannock

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on January 15, 2013, 10:32:32 PM
That wouldnt work the 810 only runs about 3-4 times a day mon to fri an no one uses it except a handful of pensioners must be the least profitable route in Cannock

Obviously it carries passengers otherwise SCC wouldn't have continued to pay for it in its current format following the demise of Green Bus.

Bob

Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 16, 2013, 06:11:36 PM
Quote from: bob on January 15, 2013, 10:32:32 PM

Obviously it carries passengers otherwise SCC wouldn't have continued to pay for it in its current format following the demise of Green Bus.

Not enough to make a profit or else it wouldnt be subsidised!! Years ago it was a very busy service but its been in terminal decline for years, it hardly runs (3,4 a day ?) and no Saturday service? a bit pointless why not route the 68 through Longford then back up to Delta way along Longford road

Discodave

Wednesfields one will more than likely be cancelled just like when chase had the number oneas they run about 5 mins apart pretty pointless the 68 going to Wednesfield I can't understand the 560 would make perfect sense at least it would go around the town.  I think the 1 and 2 should go there and stop the 1 going to huntington and give Cannock 2 MPD buses for the 22 to return (sorry Bob)

Discodave

Quote from: arrivaaston on January 15, 2013, 10:28:01 PM
So your saying that Cannocks 33 will stay the same and Wednesfield will run 1??and I reckon the 68 won't run into cannock, I think it'll terminate elsewhere because cannock will have the 70 and 810

I think the 68 is part funded by SCC think its the Cannock to Essington bit so possibly will still have to run fully but who knows bus companies do what they want even if the routes are funded.

bwsau cymru

What do people think about my local route which is the 335? The buses for that come off the 2 for doing the night service does anyone think that would move?
campaigning for better transport for all

Discodave

Quote from: dannygill on January 18, 2013, 10:43:39 PM
What do people think about my local route which is the 335? The buses for that come off the 2 for doing the night service does anyone think that would move?

If all is ok by oft what cannock operate in the west mids will be looked at just like the stuff at hill top can't see much of hill top moving but maybe a lot of Cannocks WM operations like the 335,8A,19,560 but also with some adjustments to starting points the 1,2 and even the 68 and 70 with some movements of the 23 and 62 the other way what I would like to know is the exact fare being kept the newer MPD buses have had boxes fitted on pretty pointless if they will be taken off again if being absorbed in to the main company.

Bob

Could they be made to give up routes like the 1,2,70 etc?

Discodave

Oft usually either make the buying company sell a bit of it or prevent them registering routes for a period of time.  Not sure but I think its only the comissioners whom can decide if a company is of good standing to operate a route via reliability etc.  Tony or someone with better knowledge could maybe answer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk