News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

CANNOCK NETWORK

Started by Bob, January 05, 2013, 05:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Does anyone else think the network is ripe for a thorough review? Some services could change? be upgraded? Some reduced? some operated with deckers? i do

Discodave

Well there is still the chaselinx brand as it is on the new pulsars so cannot see it being reviewed as it has technically been done only way it may get reviewed is when to Wednesfield is intergrated into Arriva probberly Hill tops stuff why have 2 garages so close together

arrivaaston

Cannock do need to do summert and FAST, maybe some routes will transfer to Wednesfield??

Bob

What routes would you change? id definately get rid off/change 31/2/3 routes theyre totally confusing and no need for 4 buses an hour going up brunswick/old fallow rd, also the 33A has no resemblance whatsoever to the 33 so why call it that? The Wolves routes could do with updating same as the Walsalls. And as ive said so many times before the 74 needs Deckers loads of Leicester routes arent as busy and get operated with Deckers. They also need to just use MPDs on ex minibus routes they were designed for an not interurban services

Discodave

Well 560,8,335 are some Cannock do which could go and with regards to the 560 better run by going into town like the 89 instead of turning off from broad st and bogging off to stafford missing out the town completely it is being delibrately killed like X31.  Maybe also the 1 and 2 I know most Cannock drivers do not give a toss about running in the West Midlands it gives them a nosebleed.

Bob

lol would Midlands sheds cope with the 1? :-P

Discodave

Quote from: bob on January 05, 2013, 05:42:44 PM
What routes would you change? id definately get rid off/change 31/2/3 routes theyre totally confusing and no need for 4 buses an hour going up brunswick/old fallow rd, also the 33A has no resemblance whatsoever to the 33 so why call it that? The Wolves routes could do with updating same as the Walsalls. And as ive said so many times before the 74 needs Deckers loads of Leicester routes arent as busy and get operated with Deckers. They also need to just use MPDs on ex minibus routes they were designed for an not interurban services

Return the 33 to Hednesford to Brownhills it was reliable at 3 an hour and made cash before it was fucked up.  Put the 31 on its own as it use to be through old hford rd and make it 2 an hour and they can run the rugeley town routes like they used to it was a lot simpler.  If you want deckers on the staffords put all 825 and 60 on ther own boards (interworked) and not have any 74/5 journeys on them

Discodave

Quote from: bob on January 05, 2013, 05:50:27 PM

Take the SB200s from cannock too

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Discodave on January 05, 2013, 05:56:52 PM

I've just had a completely random, almost certainly untrue thought.
The LJ51 new Arriva MPDs (which Tony now has photos of on the main site) are only B23F, so may be good for replacing the Optare Solos, which others may have a small interest in buying until they know what bad condition its in, would maybe make Wednesfield depot all Dart.
I can see the two Tridents being transferred away too, as they aren't needed, full size singles would do the job perfectly with some nice branding, if they can be kept on the right routes

Discodave

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 05, 2013, 10:41:24 PM
Quote from: Discodave on January 05, 2013, 05:56:52 PM

I've just had a completely random, almost certainly untrue thought.
The LJ51 new Arriva MPDs (which Tony now has photos of on the main site) are only B23F, so may be good for replacing the Optare Solos, which others may have a small interest in buying until they know what bad condition its in, would maybe make Wednesfield depot all Dart.
I can see the two Tridents being transferred away too, as they aren't needed, full size singles would do the job perfectly with some nice branding, if they can be kept on the right routes

Them LJ51 plate dart have the better cummins engine yes I agree about the deckers but what about there school run it needs one and also they are running journeys on the A1 seems to be shared with Cannock on a regular basis not just as extras like at xmas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk