News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Metro shut?

Started by mikestone, December 30, 2012, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Could be the ones they use on Liverpool line
Or London

mikestone

They are diesels, platforms 1,2,3,7,8 at New St are blocked to electric trains

Ash

Quote from: mikestone on February 23, 2013, 01:19:20 PM
They are diesels, platforms 1,2,3,7,8 at New St are blocked to electric trains

Currently I know at least platforms 1 and 2 are open to both diesel and electric trains not sure what is meant by your comment but I thought all platforms can accommodate both electric and diesel trains.

mikestone

I mean that the engineering access statement says platforms 1,2,3,7,8 are blocked to electric trains and platforms 1 to 3A blocked to all trains, at least on Saturday and Monday.
;
On Maundy Thursday the first shuttle is ECS from Tyseley (albeit the ECS shows arriving 11 and the train leaves 4!). Bearing in mind that Maunday Thursday was traditionally one of the busiest days of the year I am surprised at the limited service being provided, particularly as there doesn't seem to be any work at New St, apart from the ongoing P.9 block, on Thursday or Friday.
;

Ash

Quote from: mikestone on February 23, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
I mean that the engineering access statement says platforms 1,2,3,7,8 are blocked to electric trains and platforms 1 to 3A blocked to all trains, at least on Saturday and Monday.
;
On Maundy Thursday the first shuttle is ECS from Tyseley (albeit the ECS shows arriving 11 and the train leaves 4!). Bearing in mind that Maunday Thursday was traditionally one of the busiest days of the year I am surprised at the limited service being provided, particularly as there doesn't seem to be any work at New St, apart from the ongoing P.9 block, on Thursday or Friday.
;

Ok thanks for the info mikestone

mikestone

The LM website is showing a reduced service to Walsall/Rugeley on Thursday and Worcester/Hereford - wether because the New St work is now applying on those days or to release units to go to Sandwell I know not.
;
On Sunday LM Liverpool trains are now showing in real time trains bus all stations from Sandwell to Crewe and bus Crewe to Liverpool rather than trains Wolverhampton-Runcorn  as per LMs poster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk