News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

4801 - in need of a repaint?

Started by don, April 14, 2012, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

You've just posted a photo of Pensnett's 4801 - the red is faded awfully, what on earth have they been using to clean the buses at Pensnett  :o  it does look slightly worse because it's got a new corner panel which is much darker, but it even so it does look dreadful, in contrast to the pics of the old liveried double deckers you've just posted.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

I just saw the same picture, and thought exactly the same thing!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

It is almost completly pink, I see it regularly as its pretty much the only Enviro PE can seem to find to put on the 246. I'm just wondering if thats why 4800 was repainted? Or was it in an accident perhaps? I have to say without the connector bars on 4800 does look even worse than the other Enviro's at PE, but saying that I'd rather loose the connector bars if the dreadful Green number 9 route branding is also removed.

richie

4800 was repainted to be used at bus and coach show last year and it was retrimmed

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Thanks,
On the subject of Enviro's does anyone know why 4817 sports old logos? Whereas the rest of PE's have the new ones and have had since new

Stu

It'll be how they received it from BC, probably never got round to replacing it. Don't forget the Enviros were 'second-hand' when they arrived at PE.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I think they're in desperate need of a repaint. Like the new WA and PB enviros, I noticed that the '09 started getting wrecked when they transferred to PE

richie

4817 was delivered to PN with the old transfers however it was delivered to BC with new ones. so maybe one came off in the wash or was accident damaged and BC had no new ones to stick on.

Does anyone know when they're getting rid of the green branding.

4814 is my favourite PE enviro, but I don't like the green branding on enviros
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4814.html

4800 livery looks the best
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4700-4879/4800.html

don

I agree with you - the green branding on the front makes the destination blind on the front of these and other double deckers look like a bit like a letter box - out of proportion and breaks up a integrated design - not sure why the green has to be so large as theres very little text on it.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

andy

It's the worst branding I have ever seen on a bus and I've seen some disasters...I don't know how it was allowed to be rolled out.

PM

And when you compare it to some of the diamond brands and liveries.....

Tony

Diamond's current brands are .... er ... allover black, very imaginative. ( Yes I do actually quite like the black livery)

Some of their previous branding was a bit silly. Putting an image of a girl in a strippogram nurse outfit on a service to a hospital is one I can name. Strangely they didn't serve that hospital for much longer after nurses, councillors and others complained

PM

Quote from: Tony on April 21, 2012, 06:43:57 PM
Diamond's current brands are .... er ... allover black, very imaginative. ( Yes I do actually quite like the black livery)

Some of their previous branding was a bit silly. Putting an image of a girl in a strippogram nurse outfit on a service to a hospital is one I can name. Strangely they didn't serve that hospital for much longer after nurses, councillors and others complained

Thats a little unfair-theres still the nifty fifty and the 002 ones and i imagine if and when more new buses come for specific routes, they may wear a branded livery. The nurse brand was perhaps not one of their best but unfortunately diamond assumed that people had a sense of humour... The other ones tho i think are/were great successes.

richie

Why catch the nifty fifty when you can catch the real fifty!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk