News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NXWM Route Allocations/PVRs

Started by mbonwick, December 19, 2012, 05:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbonwick

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have a list of what vehicle types are allocated to which routes within NXWM?

A list of PVRs would be even better, though I not expecting that.

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

Sh4318

BC:
Single-deck routes - Volvo B7RLE (bar the 99, which is allocated B6LEs)
Double-deck routes - Dennis/Transbus Trident 2 (bar the 22 and 23, which are allocated hybrids)

WB:
Single-deck routes - Mercedes-Benz O405N and Volvo B6LE/Dennis Dart Crusaders
Midi-bus routes - ALX 200 8.8M
Double deck routes - Volvo Wright Gemini & ALX400 (bar the 5, that gets plaxton presidents)

PE:
Single-deck routes: Mercedes-Benz O405N & Volvo B6LE (bar 120, 140, 241 which are allocated Volvo B7RLE)
Double-deck routes: Enviro 400

PB:
Single-deck routes: Scania Omnilink & Volvo B10L
33: Enviro 400
Sutton Lines (902, 904, 905, 915): '08 reg Enviro 400
67: Scania Omnicity (Bendibus)
Midi-bus routes: Optare Solo
Every other double-deck route: Mainly Volvo Wright Gemini & ALX400, which a mixture of rare workings by Scania Omnicity (double decker) and Enviro 400

AG: Just seems to be a mixed bag from what I've seen
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

mbonwick

Thanks for that, its actually a little too detailed for me! (but detail is good!)

If possible, I'm looking for detail a step back from this, ie. routes x,y,z at BC are single deck operated, and p,q,r are decker operated (for example).

Many thanks,
Michael

Ash

There used to be a page like this on wikipedia not sure if its still there or gets updated havent checked it for a while

Quote from: mbonwick on December 19, 2012, 11:53:14 PM
Thanks for that, its actually a little too detailed for me! (but detail is good!)

If possible, I'm looking for detail a step back from this, ie. routes x,y,z at BC are single deck operated, and p,q,r are decker operated (for example).

Many thanks,
Michael

mbonwick

Sadly the routes page on wikipedia only has the operating garage on it - I'm sure it used to have the normal vehicle allocation at one time, but that may just be my mind playing tricks.

ilovetea4370

A PVR list would be great, the only problem there would be keeping it upto date, routes seem to be changing all the time lately. I know some route pages on wiki used to have PVRs, I think the Outer Circle page used to say 48 or something like that (although I am sure it is more now.

makkacdt

there did uused to be a whole list on wikipedia but got deleted and never replaced, who ever did the page must have took ages to do it.;
Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

PM

Needs some updating but still copied it off wiki a couple of years ago

Stu

The List Of National Express West Midlands Bus Routes page on Wikipedia did used to have a 'Common Vehicle Allocation' column, but as a contributor to that page, once someone started massacring that page with useless trivial information, the column got removed to keep the information factual and relevant.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: thetruth on December 20, 2012, 09:18:13 PM
Something like this for WB.

Think that's great, would be really interesting to see one for each garage, seems WB should have plenty of spare B7's for city routes ready for January

NXWM Spectra

I've found this:
http://uktransport.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_National_Express_West_Midlands_Bus_Routes?useskin=oasis&cb=5274

It's very dated, it has LH open and Metrobuses operating, but it does give the bus that is most commonly used.

wbdriver

PVR for the 40 is 6, not 5 as an extra bus was added.

I think 74/75 is 33 OTTOMH

but that PVR list all depends on whether there is enough buses fit for service, as i popped into the garage eariler and there was about 5 or 6 drivers waiting for a bus and this was about 9.30 - 10.00 this morning.

I know a few weeks ago inspectors were taking buses out of service in the afternoon to allow school drivers to pick the kiddywinks up, so WB are definitly short of buses
an empty bus is a happy driver.

winston

Quote from: wbdriver on December 20, 2012, 11:23:27 PM

so WB are definitly short of buses

It sounds as though a number of NXWM garages are short of buses at the moment, I assume that the numbers of engineering spares carried by each garage may been reduced of late

mbonwick

Quote from: thetruth on December 20, 2012, 09:18:13 PM
Something like this for WB.

Thanks, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for! Now, if only there was one for the other garages...

Ash

Quote from: wbdriver on December 20, 2012, 11:23:27 PM
PVR for the 40 is 6, not 5 as an extra bus was added.

I think 74/75 is 33 OTTOMH

but that PVR list all depends on whether there is enough buses fit for service, as i popped into the garage eariler and there was about 5 or 6 drivers waiting for a bus and this was about 9.30 - 10.00 this morning.

I know a few weeks ago inspectors were taking buses out of service in the afternoon to allow school drivers to pick the kiddywinks up, so WB are definitly short of buses

What services would the inspectors take these buses from im guessing the ones that do the short workings on the Soho Road as school service generally need double deckers and that the Soho has  are gualr enough service to cope if there are a couple of buses missing whilst working school services, also the drivers that were waiting buses at 9:30-10:00 will this mean buses will be missed out on certain services due to unavailabilty.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk