News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

More Limited Stop Services

Started by winston, April 14, 2012, 05:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomjusttom

Plus this is in store for the line:

In January 2012, plans surfaced to run a passenger service between Stourbridge Junction and Brierley Hill, with stations being re-opened along the route, including Brierley Hill. The service would be operated by railcars built by Parry People Movers, who built the Class 139 units which run the Stourbridge Town service.

Supporting Source - http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/01/09/first-glimpse-at-5m-light-rail-network/

richie

Quote from: Tomjusttom on May 01, 2012, 11:57:19 PM
Plus this is in store for the line:

In January 2012, plans surfaced to run a passenger service between Stourbridge Junction and Brierley Hill, with stations being re-opened along the route, including Brierley Hill. The service would be operated by railcars built by Parry People Movers, who built the Class 139 units which run the Stourbridge Town service.

Supporting Source - http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/01/09/first-glimpse-at-5m-light-rail-network/

Can't see it been a sucess to be fair, would be nice for the area though as long as those trains arn't as bad as the stourbridge one!

That would be a good idea, to extend the metro, and the metro users could change at Stourbridge Junction for serves to Worcester and Kidderminster. Isn't the metro meant to be getting extended in Birmingham?

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2012, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: 4504 on May 01, 2012, 10:02:54 PM
There is a railway track just outside of Stourbridge Junction, the one going straight, which I think leads to Stafford or Stratford, but is unused by commuter trains

Quote from: winston on April 30, 2012, 11:32:09 PM
You have similar problems if you want to travel by train from Stourbridge Junction / Cradley Heath to destinations such as Walsall, you would need to change trains and it will take you in excess of an hour. It's also 35-40 mins by train to Wolverhampton from the above stations due to having to change trains in Smethwick. I still believe a limited stop express service with higher spec buses could easily compete with the train from areas such as those, if those services were also linked in to serve Merry Hill as well, you could potentially reduce the number of journeys made by car.

Quote from: 4504 on April 30, 2012, 10:45:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the train from Wolverhampton to Walsall va New St takes nearly an hour, with the reverse being over an hour

Quote from: Lukeee on April 29, 2012, 11:21:59 PM
Quote from: Ash on April 29, 2012, 01:55:26 PM
A suggestion of a good limited stop service would be the X529 between Walsall and Wolverhampton the service could run non stop between Walsall and Junction 10 and then stopping at very few then through to Wolverhampton, i think this would be successful as the train takes around 40 minutes as it goes via Birmingham New Street and im sure a limited stop service would be quicker.

Bit longer than 40 minuites to be exact  :D
At the moment it leads to Brierley Hill Steel terminal, but yes, that is where Centro want to extend the metro down as it goes through Brierley Hill, Dudley, Wednesbury aqnd Walsall, even if the line is derelict between Brierley Hill and Pleck.
It was never officially closed and is currently 'mothballed' which is a bit of a joke. They are just about to reinstate the first half a mile from Peck towards Wednesbury to use as a turn around facility for the coal trains to Rugleley power station from Immingham Docks which currently tun round at Bescot

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Discodave

A suggestion of a good limited stop service would be the X529 between Walsall and Wolverhampton the service could run non stop between Walsall and Junction 10 and then stopping at very few then through to Wolverhampton, i think this would be successful as the train takes around 40 minutes as it goes via Birmingham New Street and im sure a limited stop service would be quicker.
Waste of time having an express route on the 529 spends more time stuck in traffic at j10 and on the Willenhall road into wolves even with bus lanes 

Discodave

Just to add

I am not anti express routes or anything to make bus travel quicker but the road network has not got the capasity to put in bus lanes everywhere and other mesures most limited stop routes were only withdrawn due to traffic and reliability problems.  Some traffic problems are due to bus priority Willenhall road is one of them bus lane empty bus stuck in queue of traffic prior to bus lane as traffic forced into one lane and having to wait at lights which let hardly any vehicles through due to having one lane By the merry boys pub is the main area.  Many routes have this problem look at the tyburn rd A38 had a bus lane caused so much chaos bus lane removed things still slow but at least things move better.

Bob

its a shame the X31 to Cannock has been a utter flop :-(((

Discodave

Quote from: bob on May 29, 2012, 07:10:15 PM
its a shame the X31 to Cannock has been a utter flop :-(((
Introduced at the wrong time plus as some have said bad route misses out a lot of potential areas Walsall etc plus roadworks for the next million years on the M6 has messed it up

Nathan4775

Quote from: Discodave on May 29, 2012, 11:40:23 AM
Waste of time having an express route on the 529 spends more time stuck in traffic at j10 and on the Willenhall road into wolves even with bus lanes

Personally bus Lanes are just another lane for Cars to be quite Honest, there's a bus lane in Perry Barr which is used by cars & buses  ::)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk