News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Aston Manor Bus Museum

Started by Tony, April 14, 2012, 01:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Tony

Open day tomorrow at the new Aston Manor Transport Museum in Aldridge

More details are at
http://www.amrtm.org/

D10

Hope plenty of people were there. I was really looking forward to going, but family problems meant I couldn't attend.

Still hopefully will be able to go on 2 Museums Day on the Jubilee weekend.

windy miller

I missed this event but will try this 2 museums day -D10 tells us Jubillee weekend when is that exactly?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

D10

According to the latest newsletter that I received from AMRTM, the 2 museums day is on the "extra" Jubilee bank holiday of Tuesday 5th June.

Kevin

Aston Manor open day this Sunday, anyone going? they appear to be putting on a fair few bus rides, to sutton, Walsall, chasewater and Birmingham
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Gareth

Was looking forward to this, especially as it is hoped to have finished Timesaver 2912 there, but last minute work commitments mean I am now unable to.

Anyone who is going, have a great time!

Kevin

Yeah I've got work aswell, but hopefully only til 12 so I can still make it. Didn't realise about the timesaver

Westy

Just been!

Going back to Walsall on VR 4714!

They've had just over £20 off me, with the admission & the stuff I bought from the shop!

ilovetea4370

Chasewater railway used to be a great day out in itself but the idiots they have on the junior team now(and a few of the seniors too) just spoil it for me, really cant be doing with them lot... As for Aston Manor itself, I do enjoy a lot of the events they throw and I'm just glad they didn't give up after all the hassle with the old building and the council (I understand its an indoor market now?)! Would have liked to have gone to the awakening today too but unfortunately I couldn't make it either :(
The next event now according to the website is on Sunday the 14th April, although the theme is undecided, anyway so hopefully fingers crossed I'll be there!

Kevin

Hoping they do the usual two museums day with Wythall on the Bank Holiday, usually go to that, lots of bus rides available

Ashley

I couldn't make it either on sunday sadly but im hoping to go to their next event as well as Wythall on bank holiday monday

D10

The rally Calender in the new edition of Buses magazine has the event days down as: 14 April, 12 May, 9 June, 14 July, 18 August, 14/15 September, 20 October and 24 November.

John

B10L1473

Quote from: John on August 01, 2015, 07:10:28 PM
Aston Manors latest addition is Ex NX Excel 693

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65532931@N05/20007172030/

An excel is as interesting as a loaf of bread shame an early vehicle with more character
Wasn't saved B10L Merc or B6L

the trainbasher

@B10L1473 a ex Travel Merry Hill B6 has been brought for preservation and is intended, I believe, to go back into that livery :)
(that livery brings back memories to me)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk