News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Red Diamond Redditch

Started by tank90, November 21, 2012, 12:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

A Plain Black Solo 20913 was in Redditch on the 57/58 when I saw it.

A Black Solo for the 70A

*gets coat*
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

tank90

Black Diamond Solo number two 20764 this one is how ever in full Black Diamond Livery.
20913 is still here to.
And there was a Volvo on the 70A not the the 70 branded bus that was in the advert that the Play centre showed lol.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

416 is still over Tividale! There were Volvos on the 70 all last week!

tank90

It can also be a Dart to lol.

57 and 58 were a miss mash today Solos Volvos Darts of all types from Midi Darts to crusaders (if that is how you spell it).

Dan

Ash

Quote from: jc on November 26, 2012, 07:11:05 PM
416 is still over Tividale! There were Volvos on the 70 all last week!

31416 has been at Tividale for quite a few months now doubt it will return, also i think its been sold.

tank90

Expecting a Diversion on the 60 this morning; B4497 Worcestershire - B4497 Paper Mill Drive in Redditch closed at the Seven Acres Lane junction, because of flooding.

I would personally go Moons Moat Drive Winyates Way Church Hill Way to get around the flood water unless its just a little puddle and a bus can get through.

Dan

jc

Both 20538 and 20913 operating the 57 and 58 today

20538 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/8226337725/

The Volvo B7RLE i saw in the depot seems to have gained some sort of fare advert on the side, as one of the doors was shut i couldn't see exactly what the advert was or which bus is carrying it!

tank90

Great shot there, still it would look better in red mind.

And as for the sticker I hope the Volvo is staying here unless they are finally going to run the 202 from Redditch with Red Diamond buses.

Dan

Ash

Lets hope all the 03 solo's end up at Redditch not that reliable and one of them it might be 20538 or 20539 can hardly change gears makes a right noise. The preston ones are far better in my view.

tank90

Erm Redditch isnt a dumping ground you know; It may look like it but its not.
And Redditch isnt the best place for a bus that finds changing gear a problem as the town is hilly to say the least.

Dan

Ash

Quote from: tank90 on November 29, 2012, 01:58:02 AM
Erm Redditch isnt a dumping ground you know; It may look like it but its not.
And Redditch isnt the best place for a bus that finds changing gear a problem as the town is hilly to say the least.

I never said it was a dumping ground red diamond's fleet in comparison of average fleet age is much lower compared to black diamond with all the old red and white darts and 10 year old solo's and cadets also black diamond has lost most of the vehicles rotala seemed to invest into it from new only the royale centro's remain where red diamond still has all its b7rle's also black diamond is the dumping ground from red diamond not the other way round look where all the old darts have ended up still in red diamond livery. Also if the 57/58 im guessing is red diamond's 'most profitable and 'showcase' service as it has the b7rle's' why put a solo on there it was the same when the solo's were used on the now black diamond 4 service im sure they would be more suitable for other red diamond services.

tank90

One Of the Black Diamond Solos in Redditch now has Working blinds for the 57 and 58 at least as I saw one leaving the Bus station from Car park 1 in a car so couldnt ID.

Dan

tank90

From http://www.diamondbuses.com/getdoc/dee25744-25d5-4822-bcaa-0f90657bdd33/christmas-cheer.aspx

"
This season Diamond are bringing a splash of Christmas cheer to Redditch, with extended services and great value tickets during December.

Our 57 & 58 service buses are adorned with Christmas decorations, Christmas characters and fun activities for Children to complete on their journey. Ask your driver for one of our Kids Activity Sheets and enter into a prize draw to win free travel for your family for one week.

Your 57 & 58 service will be so festive you will be able to smell Christmas when you travel with us!

At this time of year we know every little bit extra helps, so, from 1st December until 31st December if you buy a £1 single on 57 & 58 services after 11am it will be valid for travel all day*.

We are working with Kingfisher Shopping Centre to help make your Christmas shopping easier this year. From Monday 17th until Friday 21st December Kingfisher are open until 7pm and we are extending our 57 & 58 evening service to get you home after all of that shopping!

You can check our all Christmas operating times here.

Everyone at Diamond Buses would like to thank all of our customers for their continued support and wish you all a Merry Christmas.

*on 57 & 58 services only"

Please note the hyper link here in the text may not work.

Dan

Ash

Need something like this with their black diamond service's first thing I would do is operate the 002 in the evenings every 30 minutes and definitely on Sundays every 15 minutes. I don't understand why diamond dont just try this out i'm sure it would be popular.

Also it hasn't mentioned anywhere on their black diamond home page about the 16 and 50 being transferred to blue diamond even though its commenced.

sonic84

Quote from: Ash on December 04, 2012, 11:39:50 PM
Need something like this with their black diamond service's first thing I would do is operate the 002 in the evenings every 30 minutes and definitely on Sundays every 15 minutes. I don't understand why diamond dont just try this out i'm sure it would be popular.

Also it hasn't mentioned anywhere on their black diamond home page about the 16 and 50 being transferred to blue diamond even though its commenced.

I can remember when Ludlows very first was taken over by Rotala, Diamond did try running the 002 and the 004 on sundays.  I believe the Monday to Saturday service was ran out of Coombes Wood from the Ludlows garage, and tividale ran a Sunday service, but it quite irregular from what I remember.  It may have been every 45 mins on each one possibly, but it did not last for long.  Only a few months, until Coombes Wood was closed.

If it was every 30 minutes on a Sunday I can see it being popular.  Diamond should definately take advantage of the fact the 002 is quickest route from Halesowen to Merry Hill.

I always thought it was a shame that the Ludlow's network was split up so much, that only the 002, 202 and 417 (4H) remained as they were.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk