News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tamworth-Birmingham

Started by PM, April 11, 2012, 08:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

To get back from Tamworth to Birmingham-what options are there for me as i know the routes have changed a lot over the years! I know there's the 110 run with geminis but what about the 116-with what buses?

Tony

Most common type of bus used is a Scania Omnilink

KayP

I think the 112 uses crusaders, and there's a train service, but I don't know how frequent it is

Tony

The 112 is currently run by Cannock garage (who do not have Crusaders) normally using Alexander ALX300 bodied B10BLEs
(3601-12), but anything on Cannocks allocation can turn up. Soon it is to transfer to Burton garage so will probably revert to Wright bodied DAFs it had before it moved to Cannock

KayP

I have seen crusaders previously on the 112, like october 2011

Tony

Quote from: KayP on April 13, 2012, 07:40:41 PM
I have seen crusaders previously on the 112, like october 2011

Are you on about the 110 or 116? both are run by Tamworth garage who have Crusaders. The 112 is Birmingham - Lichfield run by Cannock

jc

there was a wright pulsar bodied vdl on the 112 (75/6) branding i think it was ...

tphi12000

i think this refers to Tonys picture of crusader 2632 which was on loan from telford and used on the 112 last June.Tony
Tony

windy miller

pete I think your enquiry may be about where to catch the 110 (or 116) not what type of 6 wheeled omnibus you were likely to see on it? Iv'e had this aggro before. For a long while the 110 entered tamworth in a clock-wise direction (ie Down offa's drive-and past the entrance to the train station) not any more. the circuit is now anti clockwise,( from Victoria road)-problem is-if you need to get to the station you either walk 300 yds in the rain, or sit on the bus for another 12 minutes :).not sure about the 116 -perhaps someone else can advise you?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

I meant to give you some idea of the frequency I think you will find it would be every half hour during the day (up to 17.45) then hourly at 19.16 from the stop opposite the rail station-one other thing,there is NO shelter from the elements at this stop!!
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

nx4737

110 - Geminis.
116 - Scania OmniLinks and occasional B6 Crusader.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk