News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond's destination displays

Started by Ash, November 01, 2012, 09:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

30218 is on the 4 this evening but displaying the 404E as it doesnt seem to have the 4 service programmed into it same with 30216 on the 40 showing the 410 instead. The ex ludlow vehicles apart from 20525 and the centros still have the old route numbers programmed into them and have no new services stored on their displays but seem to have a different kind of display and no the usual hanover's ones is this the reason for them not having the new services put on them.

winston

Quote from: Ash on November 01, 2012, 09:13:57 PM
30218 is on the 4 this evening but displaying the 404E as it doesnt seem to have the 4 service programmed into it same with 30216 on the 40 showing the 410 instead. The ex ludlow vehicles apart from 20525 and the centros still have the old route numbers programmed into them and have no new services stored on their displays but seem to have a different kind of display and no the usual hanover's ones is this the reason for them not having the new services put on them.

Even if they are different displays, Diamond have had more than enough notice to get them updated, using the old route numbers is only going to confuse confused passengers even more....

Ash

I agree Winston they should be updated and will confuse passengers especially if the roller blinds at the back have the 4 and the front 404E but not the drivers fault as they can only display whats programmed onto the bus.

Mike360

That is confusing. Maybe when there programmed the centro's might be used more on the 4 routes.

Ash

Quote from: Mike360 on November 01, 2012, 09:54:38 PM
That is confusing. Maybe when there programmed the centro's might be used more on the 4 routes.

Havent seen many centros this week i know theres been 1 on the 40 and 2 on the 202 but not seen anymore hope they dont get transferred out of diamond down south like most of the others did.

adam 21

i have seen some on the 56 to brownhills this week  today they had a dart on the day time services to day

Ash

I thought some of the centros might return to the 56, a hybrid versa was on the 4/4H/4M today and guess the hybrids will be used on the 301 as quite a few cadets are used on the 4/4H/4M and 40 services now.

winston

Quote from: Ash on November 01, 2012, 10:25:13 PM
I thought some of the centros might return to the 56, a hybrid versa was on the 4/4H/4M today and guess the hybrids will be used on the 301 as quite a few cadets are used on the 4/4H/4M and 40 services now.

It makes you wonder what Diamond were planning to use once they had sold the fleet of Cadets, unless they have been taken off the market now Diamond have won a lot of the Sandwell tendered work?

Ash

Quote from: Winston on November 01, 2012, 10:55:37 PM
Quote from: Ash on November 01, 2012, 10:25:13 PM

It makes you wonder what Diamond were planning to use once they had sold the fleet of Cadets, unless they have been taken off the market now Diamond have won a lot of the Sandwell tendered work?

Thats what i thought Winston as i guess most of their vehicles at the minute are needed everyday for all their services their currently operating, one of the red diamond darts 31479 broke down on the 4M today but back in service this evening working the 4. At the moment with all the roadworks in the 4H/4M service i think they are having trouble keep to time aswell as NXWM so the darts are in constant use with no breaks at stops and with the steep hills maybe causing overheating especially with the age of the vehicles.

Nathan4775

Quote from: adam 21 on November 01, 2012, 09:59:52 PM
i have seen some on the 56 to brownhills this week  today they had a dart on the day time services to day

The 56 has gone back to being Centro Opertated

All but 1 hybird was on the 16 yesterday  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk