News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 04, 2013, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: Ashley 4569 on June 04, 2013, 09:29:17 PM
Dundee can keep their mits off our presidents, the scrapman can keep off the old volvos and mercs for now as well, thats all im saying

Totally agree with you there Ashley.

I also agree.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 04, 2013, 09:32:14 PM
Dundee can keep their mits off our presidents, the scrapman can keep off the old volvos and mercs for now as well, thats all im saying

Well shame time has gone foward. I remember around 2000-2004 when i was quite young but still remembered Wolverhampton Filled with Metrobuses!

Nath, in 2000 you were the size of a cushion...

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 04, 2013, 09:35:27 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 04, 2013, 09:30:54 PM

Totally agree with you there Ashley.

I also agree. But shame that NX have ordered new buses which in my eyes are boring. Its always a standard E400 and B7RLE's which will never beat the B6's and mercs. Also as much as i love tridents they will never replace the Metrobus.

If you remember Ashley the 559 and your route 543 used to have Metrobuses on a daily basis

I completely agree with you Nath Nothing can beat the Metrobuses :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

winston

Quote from: Mike K on June 04, 2013, 09:12:30 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 04, 2013, 08:41:09 PM
Watch out for lots of movements coming up involving several depots including West Bromwich, Birmingham Central, Perry Barr, Yardley Wood, Walsall & Dundee! I will try and post details when I know they have actually happened, first moves should take place tomorrow

Let the speculation begin. I think Winston's the man most likely to come up with the best prediction but at a very rough guess, and some of this has more or less already been confirmed, I reckon it might include*:

New E400 to BC displacing older Tridents to YW, in turn cascading more Presidents to Dundee.
New E400 to PB displacing Geminis and / or ALX400 B7 to WB. No idea as to what may leave WB.
CV Omnilinks to WA, B10L and B6 withdrawn

*Note: this could be a load of cobblers.

Mike K,

I haven't got anything extra to add on what I posted Sunday, for me I think any deckers that are replaced by new will simply be cascaded throughout the fleet to allow the withdrawal on none DDA single deckers (of which there a quite a few still). I think NX will also raise the proportion of double deckers in the fleet over the coming years to increase capacity.

I would have thought that WB would loose B6LE & 15--/early 16-- series Merc 0405N's

bususer12

All I can think of is NX want rid of B10L's from the Midlands. Theres about 30-40 to withdraw. Possibly new E400 to BC and that CV's cascades to Walsall will get rid of all of these. Then any spares that a garage have will be passed to WB in the form of tridents to allow them to get rid of their darts or b6's.

Other Idea; Circa 15 Solos in Use - is this the number of the unannounced bus order??? E200'S

Trident 4609

Quote from: bususer12 on June 04, 2013, 11:00:57 PM
All I can think of is NX want rid of B10L's from the Midlands. Theres about 30-40 to withdraw. Possibly new E400 to BC and that CV's cascades to Walsall will get rid of all of these. Then any spares that a garage have will be passed to WB in the form of tridents to allow them to get rid of their darts or b6's.

WB will probably withdraw mercs and B6's by PB having new E400 for sutton lines which cascades the older E400 onto other PB routes which will transfer Geminis and ALX400 B7TL to WB

uniquicity

I'm going left-field here, but aren't the vehicle recognition cameras for the emission zone being installed soon? Which means the 83/89 would need their Mercs replacing. I believe they are core services, not complimentary, and that the lack of cameras is why they didn't replace the Mercs in January

winston

Quote from: uniquicity on June 04, 2013, 11:29:56 PM
I'm going left-field here, but aren't the vehicle recognition cameras for the emission zone being installed soon? Which means the 83/89 would need their Mercs replacing. I believe they are core services, not complimentary, and that the lack of cameras is why they didn't replace the Mercs in January

That may well explain why NXWM haven't been too bothered about having non-complaint vehicles out all day on occasions

Trident 4609

Quote from: uniquicity on June 04, 2013, 11:29:56 PM

Maybe the 83/9 will become fully double decker if Geminis or ALX400 B7TL transfer over from PB when their E400 come into service with older E400 on other PB routes cascading some Double deckers to WB

uniquicity

I could be talking complete balls, but its my theory anyway.

WB needs to keep 6/7 B6LEs for the 47/47A btw, meaning only 4/5 can be withdrawn ;)

Ashley 4569

Yeah nathan I do remember the daily joy of metrobuses passing my house, happy days.clearly whatevers about to happen ill have a busy week or two when im back

John

I'm sure O405Ns are ok on the 83/89 because the frequency of each is half hourly. If they were more frequent than half hourly, then yes they would need replacing

Tony

Three presidents, 4117/8/22 should be halfway to Dundee now

bususer12

Maybe they're losing Gemini's in Dundee, to help the emissions rule in the WM.

winston

Quote from: bususer12 on June 05, 2013, 11:58:55 AM
Maybe they're losing Gemini's in Dundee, to help the emissions rule in the WM.

I believe Dundee are keeping all the Gemini's, the extra Presidents may be as a result of the Pvr increase/service changes at the end of this month, or may be to replace further older non refurbished B10L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk