News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 22, 2013, 07:41:40 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 22, 2013, 07:36:50 PM
On my Facebook page "West Midlands Bus Users", someone who claims to work in NX network planning team has posted these little nuggets of info:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248874005256716&set=o.405425496185545&type=1&comment_id=630007&offset=0&total_comments=5

For those not on Facebook:

QuoteNews the the 20 Volvo B10L/ 1400 at Perry Barr which are used on 28, 71A, 638 services are to transfer to West Bromwich, Pensnett and Walvo. West Brom will transfer 15/17 0405N's to Perry Barr for the 28 and the 638 route. Service 71A will become part of Acocks Green service who are to receive an 2 new vehicles (included in there allocation) for there the 71 services.

Then in reply to me asking whether Coventry's Omnilinks would then end up at Walsall (as had been rumoured):

QuoteNo head office thinks Boardasley & Acocks Green will have them as them 2 garages have more brake downs so that is why they get new buses over other garages. Perry Barr & West Brom never get any new allocations, as they are best performing garages for non-brakedowns. This is why Perry Barr, West Brom Walvo, Pensnett & Walsall garages get all the old crap.

I'm starting to question the validity of certain people who post on my page claiming to work for NX, this guy was fun at first for berating the stupid route suggestions being posted by one certain individual, but now he's saying that Perry Barr and Walsall get all the 'old crap' when in fact they're usually first in line to get new buses! And Bordesley to my knowledge have never actually received any new buses!  ;)

Doesn't Walsall actually have the second youngest fleet after Bordesley?

Exactly! And he also claims that PB's 20 B10Ls will transfer out, when they only have 15!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

On my Facebook page "West Midlands Bus Users", someone who claims to work in NX network planning team has posted these little nuggets of info:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248874005256716&set=o.405425496185545&type=1&comment_id=630007&offset=0&total_comments=5

QuoteNews the the 20 Volvo B10L/ 1400 at Perry Barr which are used on 28, 71A, 638 services are to transfer to West Bromwich, Pensnett and Walvo. West Brom will transfer 15/17 0405N's to Perry Barr for the 28 and the 638 route. Service 71A will become part of Acocks Green service who are to receive an 2 new vehicles (included in there allocation) for there the 71 services.

Then in reply to me asking whether Coventry's Omnilinks would then end up at Walsall (as had been rumoured):

QuoteNo head office thinks Boardasley & Acocks Green will have them as them 2 garages have more brake downs so that is why they get new buses over other garages. Perry Barr & West Brom never get any new allocations, as they are best performing garages for non-brakedowns. This is why Perry Barr, West Brom Walvo, Pensnett & Walsall garages get all the old crap.

I'm starting to question the validity of certain people who post on my page claiming to work for NX, this guy was fun at first for berating the stupid route suggestions being posted by one certain individual, but now he's saying that Perry Barr and Walsall get all the 'old crap' when in fact they're usually first in line to get new buses! And Bordesley to my knowledge have never actually received any new buses!  ;)

So if WB are to transfer 15/17 0405N's to PB, then the same number of B10Ls would have to be transferred to replace leaving a maximum of 5 to be transferred between PE and WN. What on earth would the point of that be, surely small allocations of buses at depots are uneconomic as the garage has to carry spares for them.

Also given the age of WBs fleet, cannot see how they would be top of the list for non breakdowns.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 22, 2013, 07:49:44 PM

So if WB are to transfer 15/17 0405N's to PB, then the same number of B10Ls would have to be transferred to replace leaving a maximum of 5 to be transferred between PE and WN. What on earth would the point of that be, surely small allocations of buses at depots are uneconomic as the garage has to carry spares for them.

Also given the age of WBs fleet, cannot see how they would be top of the list for non breakdowns.

PB only have 15 B10L's left in service. What would be the point of transferring B10L in to WB now this late in their lives, they only have 12 months left at most. Even more when you consider WB has never previously operated them and they type will be unfamiliar to both drivers & engineers, who will all need type training. As for PE & WN having B10L back, again can't see it when both garages only got exchanged them for Mercs a few years earlier.

The two new B7RLE going to AG for the 71A also contradicts what BN said about 2154 going to PE

Stu

PB operate the 71A, but he claims that this will be withdrawn at the North Birmingham review, and the 71 service will incorporate the 71A service. So likely then that AG will need a couple of extra buses to accommodate, possibly Omnilinks then?

But the rest of his claims just don't add up, what would be the point of replacing clapped out B10Ls at PB with clapped out Mercs?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 22, 2013, 07:41:40 PM

Doesn't Walsall actually have the second youngest fleet after Bordesley?

Once WN oust the older remaining Tridents & possibly the last 4 Excel, I should image WN will be near the top of that list, Pete?

uniquicity

WN will still be 3rd after withdrawing 4 Excels and all the older Tridents going.

BY - 5 years & 5 months
WA - 7 years & 2 months
WN - 7 years & 8 months

(approx, these figures also assuming 4308-12 go to WA to replace B10L).

winston

Quote from: uniquicity on April 22, 2013, 10:13:30 PM
WN will still be 3rd after withdrawing 4 Excels and all the older Tridents going.

BY - 5 years & 5 months
WA - 7 years & 2 months
WN - 7 years & 8 months

Thanks Pete, you're a star...

I knew it would be much closer between WN & WA, WA could get newer still if they end with the ex NXC Omnilinks rather than PB

BCMobile

BY - 5 years & 5 months
WA - 7 years & 2 months
WN - 7 years & 8 months

Ooh, I expect BC to get the older Tridents? Vast majority of our routes don't deserve newer buses. I don't understand why BC lost our B7-ALX (42XX) when they can be used, and are, being used in the city centre. This emissions things is beyond me.

winston

Quote from: BCMobile on April 22, 2013, 10:25:07 PM

Ooh, I expect BC to get the older Tridents? Vast majority of our routes don't deserve newer buses. I don't understand why BC lost our B7-ALX (42XX) when they can be used, and are, being used in the city centre. This emissions things is beyond me.

Doesn't BC loosing the 42-- B7TL/ALX400's date back to when LH was closed down and the 94 was transferred to PB? as PB didn't operate Tridents, the decision was made to swap LH's Tridents for BC's ALX400, PB already had an allocation of those from the same batch

BCMobile

Quote from: Winston on April 22, 2013, 10:31:45 PM

Doesn't BC loosing the 42-- B7TL/ALX400's date back to when LH was closed down and the 94 was transferred to PB? as PB didn't operate Tridents, the decision was made to swap LH's Tridents for BC's ALX400, PB already had an allocation of those from the same batch

That's an answer. I'm finally finding out about the history of my garage as up until recently I really couldn't of gave 2 shits.

BCMobile

But saying that why is AG allowed to run B7tl Presidents into the city but BC had to lose the B7's to YW?

Mike K

BY - 5 years & 5 months
WA - 7 years & 2 months
WN - 7 years & 8 months

I think that was more a case of keeping different vehicle types at BC and PB to a minimum when LH closed. Instead of moving Tridents to PB for the 94, ALX B7s (a type which PB already had) moved from BC, and BC received a huge influx of Tridents. Since then BC has become Trident city.

John

Quote from: Winston on April 22, 2013, 10:31:45 PM

Yes basically. There were 3 extra ALX400s left at Central and those were swaped with Walsall sending Central 3 Tridents, the 3 ALX400s replacing 3 Geminis 4488-90 which went to Walsall

Mike K

Ok, looks like Winston beat me to it

BCMobile

Quote from: Mike K on April 22, 2013, 10:37:08 PM

BY - 5 years & 5 months
WA - 7 years & 2 months
WN - 7 years & 8 months

I think that was more a case of keeping different vehicle types at BC and PB to a minimum when LH closed. Instead of moving Tridents to PB for the 94, ALX B7s (a type which PB already had) moved from BC, and BC received a huge influx of Tridents. Since then BC has become Trident city.

Too damn true. So boring now. Its becoming a thrill just to get a 44hundred. Damn 41's clogging up the network.

Maybe I meant 40XX?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk