News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

JackC

JackC

Stu

XS is the 'garage code' for Miller Street.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JackC

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

I would have thought it'd be MS or MI or something - where's the X come from exactly?

don

Quote from: JackC on April 16, 2013, 07:51:26 PM

I would have thought it'd be MS or MI or something - where's the X come from exactly?

I don't know for sure but I would have thought XS stands for excess as in surplus to requirements?? Like COND on railway stock = condemned (or certainly used to).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Quote from: lynx1103 on April 12, 2013, 06:55:55 PM
4307 now at Walsall

Is it possible these Tridents to Walsall are a temporary move to replace B10Ls - we now know that 8 of the imminent Coventry B7RLEs are for the 9 (Styvechale......) - leaving a further 15 - which could replace Scanias - sounds like a perfect number to split between WA and YW - moving the WN Tridents to BC or wherever - but ultimately replacing the B10Ls at those garages? Just a thought.

Tony

Believe it or not it dates back to stand for Selly Oak!
The codes were invented when Selly oak was the main reserve fleet depot and reserve fleet was split into different categories
XD was reserve - disposal
XH was reserve - out on hire to another operator
XS was reserve  - Selly Oak
there was an XA as well, but I cannot remember what that was.

XS has stuck for reserve through all the different locations it has since been based at to currently mean Miller Street.

Gareth

Wasn't one of the X code used for Hartshill when that was housing some reserve fleet too?

don

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

The codes were invented when Selly oak was the main reserve fleet depot and reserve fleet was split into different categories

XS has stuck for reserve through all the different locations it has since been based at to currently mean Miller Street.

Adderley Street?

winston

Quote from: don on April 16, 2013, 08:49:51 PM
Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Adderley Street?

Wasn't the Greenhouse @ Walsall garage still in use at the same time that Selly Oak was the main reserve storage facility?

winston

Quote from: lynx1103 on April 16, 2013, 06:46:14 PM
7127 WA-XS

I wonder if that might end up joining 7129 back in Dundee for the June service changes / Pvr increase.

Is there any more news about 7115 + any of the others potentially being prep'd/mot'd for service in Dundee?

Stu

On my Facebook page "West Midlands Bus Users", someone who claims to work in NX network planning team has posted these little nuggets of info:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248874005256716&set=o.405425496185545&type=1&comment_id=630007&offset=0&total_comments=5

For those not on Facebook:

QuoteNews the the 20 Volvo B10L/ 1400 at Perry Barr which are used on 28, 71A, 638 services are to transfer to West Bromwich, Pensnett and Walvo. West Brom will transfer 15/17 0405N's to Perry Barr for the 28 and the 638 route. Service 71A will become part of Acocks Green service who are to receive an 2 new vehicles (included in there allocation) for there the 71 services.

Then in reply to me asking whether Coventry's Omnilinks would then end up at Walsall (as had been rumoured):

QuoteNo head office thinks Boardasley & Acocks Green will have them as them 2 garages have more brake downs so that is why they get new buses over other garages. Perry Barr & West Brom never get any new allocations, as they are best performing garages for non-brakedowns. This is why Perry Barr, West Brom Walvo, Pensnett & Walsall garages get all the old crap.

I'm starting to question the validity of certain people who post on my page claiming to work for NX, this guy was fun at first for berating the stupid route suggestions being posted by one certain individual, but now he's saying that Perry Barr and Walsall get all the 'old crap' when in fact they're usually first in line to get new buses! And Bordesley to my knowledge have never actually received any new buses!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 22, 2013, 07:36:50 PM
On my Facebook page "West Midlands Bus Users", someone who claims to work in NX network planning team has posted these little nuggets of info:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248874005256716&set=o.405425496185545&type=1&comment_id=630007&offset=0&total_comments=5

For those not on Facebook:

QuoteNews the the 20 Volvo B10L/ 1400 at Perry Barr which are used on 28, 71A, 638 services are to transfer to West Bromwich, Pensnett and Walvo. West Brom will transfer 15/17 0405N's to Perry Barr for the 28 and the 638 route. Service 71A will become part of Acocks Green service who are to receive an 2 new vehicles (included in there allocation) for there the 71 services.

Then in reply to me asking whether Coventry's Omnilinks would then end up at Walsall (as had been rumoured):

QuoteNo head office thinks Boardasley & Acocks Green will have them as them 2 garages have more brake downs so that is why they get new buses over other garages. Perry Barr & West Brom never get any new allocations, as they are best performing garages for non-brakedowns. This is why Perry Barr, West Brom Walvo, Pensnett & Walsall garages get all the old crap.

I'm starting to question the validity of certain people who post on my page claiming to work for NX, this guy was fun at first for berating the stupid route suggestions being posted by one certain individual, but now he's saying that Perry Barr and Walsall get all the 'old crap' when in fact they're usually first in line to get new buses! And Bordesley to my knowledge have never actually received any new buses!  ;)

Doesn't Walsall actually have the second youngest fleet after Bordesley?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk