News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: 2900 on May 27, 2015, 10:22:41 AM
Some guess work here with euro 4 vehicle requirements at West Bromwich in the next few years, I take it the number 80, 127/8/9 will require euro 4 emissions vehicles being of 10 to 15 minute frequency so I wander if walsalls enviro 400s 4700s could be transferred over bringing the 57 plate batch together. I could be miles off , with Walsall receiving the lions share of platiums,fair few buses to cascade out I imagine .
I guess the scanias could be placed on 83/89 without issues as originally operated by Mercedes

Possibly. The news here is that we're losing our Scanias to you guys for Geminis at the moment. 37 is going to Gemini operation until the MMCs arrive. The MMCs will then cascade the Plaxtons out.

Liberator9

@MW

Ahh that explains the amount of Geminis on yesterday - very good - can it stay that way please  :D  Are all of AG Scanias going to WB or are some going to WA? A wacky thing that could happen is some of AG's go to YW, replacing 1896-1904 which could go to WA - that would keep the number batches together and replace some of the B10Ls up at WA.

Stu

Quote from: MW on May 27, 2015, 01:50:44 PM
Possibly. The news here is that we're losing our Scanias to you guys for Geminis at the moment. 37 is going to Gemini operation until the MMCs arrive. The MMCs will then cascade the Plaxtons out.

It's funny you mention this, as I was pondering on the same thing earlier on my way home. The cascades are still happening, just not in the original planned order!

I have noticed an increase in the number of Geminis operating on the 37 over the last week or so which, as was stated earlier, is very welcome especially at busy peak-times, so I suppose we'd better enjoy this for the next few weeks!

Despite what others here think of them, I will miss the OmniLinks, at least they are good solid buses, and they certainly can shift when given the opportunity.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

@Stu

I'll miss the Omnilinks as well - been really good on the 37 over the last 5 years - would be happier having them refurbished and repainted than having the E200MMCs, or having Geminis permanently.

GeminiFan1991

Personally speaking, it's nice to see Geminis on the 37 as it can get packed at peak times although I will miss the Omnilinks however. Good, solid buses with not anything really having gone bad for them. Didn't think I'd see the day AG would have an ADL product !  :'(
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

First of this weeks transfers has just happened

4507 WB - AG

JIM C

4036 & 4046. Arrived in dundee today .

Tony

4511 currently on way from WB - AG

B.C Driver

@Tony is 4315 still at BC? I've got my suspicions it may have left, but not sure.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Tony

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on May 28, 2015, 11:49:07 AM
@Tony is 4315 still at BC? I've got my suspicions it may have left, but not sure.

On the X64 today

B.C Driver

4444 -The Star Wars Bus

MW

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2015, 11:38:06 AM
4511 currently on way from WB - AG

Currently in the gate at AG. Also 4507, 4512 & 4522 scattered alongside it.

Tony

4507 now at AG
4318 now at WN

(neither of these are part of the chain I mentioned earlier in the week!)

B.C Driver

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 08:39:53 AM
4507 now at AG
4318 now at WN

(neither of these are part of the chain I mentioned earlier in the week!)

Ooooh, the plot thickens....
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

Tony

4755 now at WB completing transfer of all of 4738-62

some of 4738/9/40/7/9/52 have not actually been seen at WB as they have gone straight to paint

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk