News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: a4 funcool 2022 on July 31, 2024, 11:45:17 AMTheres no way it happened
I think you need to find a more reliable source before posting

BBS

QuoteYes from what I have heard some Wolverhampton Volvos are going to Coventry on a long term loan/ temporary transfer to help out a driver told me something to do with the electrics having issues again I'm sure Tony will confirm more information but it will be going to Coventry and a few others will be joining.
The fact you said a driver told you immediately rang a bell that it's rumours once again
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

don

Is 2110 likely to follow the same way - I think someone said they'd both gone from Pensnett to the paint shop a couple of weeks back. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack

Quote from: BBS on July 31, 2024, 03:25:09 PMThe fact you said a driver told you immediately rang a bell that it's rumours once again
People shouldn't be posting rumours they've heard as a fact...

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack on July 31, 2024, 05:20:11 PMPeople shouldn't be posting rumours they've heard as a fact...
I never said it was facts, if you read my original post I said "Im not sure it's true but I'm sure Tony will clarify"

BN

2111 is now in full Coventry livery, inspection, defects, oils and servicing completed. Ready for collection at Pensnett.
I know we don't post future transfers but on this occasion, the above will be exactly the same process for 2110 when it comes out in a weeks time.

Wumpty

Quote from: BN on August 01, 2024, 06:29:30 PM2111 is now in full Coventry livery, inspection, defects, oils and servicing completed. Ready for collection at Pensnett.
I know we don't post future transfers but on this occasion, the above will be exactly the same process for 2110 when it comes out in a weeks time.
You shouldn't have to post information just because the rumour mill has got it completely wrong.

We should all be very grateful for the FACTUAL information you and @Tony post, when YOU decide it needs posting.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Jack

Quote from: Wumpty on August 01, 2024, 08:17:24 PMYou shouldn't have to post information just because the rumour mill has got it completely wrong.

We should all be very grateful for the FACTUAL information you and @Tony post, when YOU decide it needs posting.
Agreed 100%. Would be nice if all the other members would just let those in the know post these things!

don

Quote from: BN on August 01, 2024, 06:29:30 PM2111 is now in full Coventry livery, inspection, defects, oils and servicing completed. Ready for collection at Pensnett.
Thanks for confirmation - someone 'in the know' posted on here a week or two back they'd gone to the paint shop - then @Tony posted the two E40Ds transferred from WN to Pensnett to replace them, and then the two from PB to WN in exchange - no doubt replaced by electrics.

It wasn't until the photo of 2111 was posted here that the penny dropped that at least one of them was en route to Coventry for PVR increases, which could be deduced from timetable alteration postings in the NX Coventry thread.

So there you go - the whole story without some of the more fanciful ideas promoted by the youngsters, including the idea the paintshop had possibly made a mistake adding the Coventry names and colour coding 🥴 - you need to keep up @Jack and @Wumpty 😂😂😀👍 I don't think @BN has told us anything which wasn't pretty well obvious 😉 but thank you, nonetheless 👍
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Wumpty

Quote from: don on August 01, 2024, 09:03:49 PMThanks for confirmation - someone 'in the know' posted on here a week or two back they'd gone to the paint shop - then @Tony posted the two E40Ds transferred from WN to Pensnett to replace them, and then the two from PB to WN in exchange - no doubt replaced by electrics.

It wasn't until the photo of 2111 was posted here that the penny dropped that at least one of them was en route to Coventry for PVR increases, which could be deduced from timetable alteration postings in the NX Coventry thread.

So there you go - the whole story without some of the more fanciful ideas promoted by the youngsters, including the idea the paintshop had possibly made a mistake adding the Coventry names and colour coding 🥴 - you need to keep up @Jack and @Wumpty 😂😂😀👍 I don't think @BN has told us anything which wasn't pretty well obvious 😉 but thank you, nonetheless 👍
I've kept up perfectly @don thank you. @BN having to post the outcome of 2110 ahead of time was my point, not the previously [posted moves.

Some of us know when to post and when to leave it to the experts - the forum isn't a competition to post information, thogh to some it is, making themselves look a tad daft!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2024, 06:14:12 PM6804 PB-WB
So the 66 plate Eniviro 400 mmc's will take out WB's Gemini fleet i take it, i wonder how many Gemini's will go to BUSWORKS many are still very decent to drive but chassis issues could yet rule them out for resale i guess

WA4317

Quote from: 2900 on August 03, 2024, 01:51:52 PMSo the 66 plate Eniviro 400 mmc's will take out WB's Gemini fleet i take it, i wonder how many Gemini's will go to BUSWORKS many are still very decent to drive but chassis issues could yet rule them out for resale i guess
It make no difference what state there in if someone wants to buy them. As long as they have deep pockets whether it's another business or a preservationist is all upto them. NX will look for the highest bid at the end of the day

Tony

4857 PB-WN
4862 PB-BC
E182; E183 to PB for preperation
E228; E229 into service

Quote from: WA4317 on August 05, 2024, 10:26:58 AMIt make no difference what state there in if someone wants to buy them. As long as they have deep pockets whether it's another business or a preservationist is all upto them. NX will look for the highest bid at the end of the day
I wasn't clear on the resale part, I should of written resale for further use in passenger service. 
I get NX will sell to highest bidder business is business unless it's being charitable etc 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk