News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Vehicle Transfers

Started by Ash, March 19, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2022, 02:44:15 PM
6146 PB-AG
Nice... PB losing another Decker, yet Omnilinks now seem to making more and more appearances on Decker services...

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Jack on March 09, 2022, 03:02:59 PM
Nice... PB losing another Decker, yet Omnilinks now seem to making more and more appearances on Decker services...

How do you know whats happening with fleets movements, please tell me what your crystal ball is telling you, Perry Barr are standing down a few omnilinks and maybe Tony is trying to keep batches together so 6113/14 could go back to PN and AG getting 6146-48. Maybe Perry Barr may get some E400s or Geminis from elsewhere and you do know there are potentially circa 73 double deckers from Coventry which will need new homes from when the electric buses arrive.

Rather have omnilink turn up than no bus at all
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

cardew

Tony mentioned that the new PB garage will support a full fleet of electric buses so is in a better position than some other garages to receive new electric double deckers when they are next purchased

I am of course not predicting this will happen imminently

BBS

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 09, 2022, 03:58:32 PM
How do you know whats happening with fleets movements, please tell me what your crystal ball is telling you, Perry Barr are standing down a few omnilinks and maybe Tony is trying to keep batches together so 6113/14 could go back to PN and AG getting 6146-48. Maybe Perry Barr may get some E400s or Geminis from elsewhere and you do know there are potentially circa 73 double deckers from Coventry which will need new homes from when the electric buses arrive.

Rather have omnilink turn up than no bus at all
this is just a guess but i believe acocks greens ALX400s will bw withdrawn with Perry barrs 44* geminis going AG. Walsalls E400 to perry barr then
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

BK63 YWP

Quote from: bbs on March 09, 2022, 04:46:38 PM
this is just a guess but i believe acocks greens ALX400s will bw withdrawn with Perry barrs 44* geminis going AG. Walsalls E400 to perry barr then

Anything is possible but one of walsalls e400 have gone to YW

X10 Gornal Wood

BBS

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 09, 2022, 05:11:30 PM
I meant the Ex 51 brandeds

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 09, 2022, 03:58:32 PM
I think the new buses for Coventry were said to be about 9 months away yet.
6146 may be a replacement for one of the 42XX. Presumably some of the buses were surplus to requirements given recent changes, so they could be stood down.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 09, 2022, 05:11:30 PM

Yes they have 4733

Stu

Quote from: cardew on March 09, 2022, 04:23:12 PM
Tony mentioned that the new PB garage will support a full fleet of electric buses so is in a better position than some other garages to receive new electric double deckers when they are next purchased

I am of course not predicting this will happen imminently

It has been stated already that the next load of electric buses (130 in total) are for Coventry garage, which won't start being delivered until the end of this year, for entering service in early 2023.

So it will be some time before Perry Barr sees any electric vehicles I suspect.

As for other transfers of vehicles within the fleet this year, service cuts/reductions may see some vehicles becoming surplus to requirement, and once Walsall can get all their hydrogen vehicles in regular service on the 51, there will be a few double-decks that could be reallocated to replace some older withdrawn ones.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2022, 08:30:43 PM
It has been stated already that the next load of electric buses (130 in total) are for Coventry garage, which won't start being delivered until the end of this year, for entering service in early 2023.

So it will be some time before Perry Barr sees any electric vehicles I suspect.

As for other transfers of vehicles within the fleet this year, service cuts/reductions may see some vehicles becoming surplus to requirement, and once Walsall can get all their hydrogen vehicles in regular service on the 51, there will be a few double-decks that could be reallocated to replace some older withdrawn ones.

The press quote about 130 buses early next year was a bit misleading, that is when they hope to have all 130 in service, the first ones are already on the production line at falkirk

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2022, 08:34:41 PM
The press quote about 130 buses early next year was a bit misleading, that is when they hope to have all 130 in service, the first ones are already on the production line at falkirk

How long do these buses take to construct? Is it around the same time as a conventional bus?

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

1953 PB-YW
1924 YW - reserve

Tony

BBS

Tony