News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Abellio interior

Started by Ash, December 17, 2012, 11:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

I have noticed on some of the new enviro 400 abellio have purchased for the London operations copies the same seating moquette that NX uses, i know that some of the buses will have the same as they were Travel London buses before they got sold but would have thought Abellio would have used a new seat moquette for the new buses to bring in a new identity for their seating style.

winston

Quote from: Ash on December 17, 2012, 11:03:20 PM
I have noticed on some of the new enviro 400 abellio have purchased for the London operations copies the same seating moquette that NX uses, i know that some of the buses will have the same as they were Travel London buses before they got sold but would have thought Abellio would have used a new seat moquette for the new buses to bring in a new identity for their seating style.

No, Abellio have retained the NX interior inherited from Travel London

Ash

Yeah i was in London today was just suprised that they have retained it thought the might have changed it for their own choice in the style of moquette for the buses.

winston

Quote from: Ash on December 17, 2012, 11:50:22 PM
Yeah i was in London today was just suprised that they have retained it thought the might have changed it for their own choice in the style of moquette for the buses.

I guess if it was still the darker blue moquette with the WM logo's in it, Abellio would have been keener to change it, but as its just a spotty pattern it's in keeping with the large batch of Enviro 400s that were delivered with that interior as the the sale to Abellio was going through.

I wish NX had retained the London business and re-branded in NX London, they only go £32 Million for it, which didn't put a very big dent in NX debts at the time. Abellio have done pretty well with expanding the business and have won/retained a lot of new Tfl tenders and lost very few to date. I think most Abellio garages are full to capacity.

Gareth

I was looking through and old BUSES magazine earlier, and noticed that the NX spec moquette can be seen on the original 2 door (front and rear) prototype of the Enviro 200. Some years before it was seen here in the West Midlands.

Ex BC driver

Found a link on the internet, seems Abellio Greater Anglia is also using the National Express moquette on the Class 321s that they inherited from National Express for the franchise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76437498@N03/8121706761/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk