News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Red paint fading on NXWM buses

Started by Ash, August 07, 2012, 10:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Someone on here mentioned about omnilink 1861 about the red and the front of the bus turning slightly pink, I saw this bus a couple of days ago and must agree all the red at the front of the bus and the two sides seems to have faded and some parts the paint seems to have come off, is this due to what the buses are washed in, in terms of chemicals or just wear over time as the other omnilinks seem to be fine and 1861 seems to have gone like this.

andy

It's by no means the only one......one in particular of the ex Dundee batch is just as bad, and I've seen countless others floating about...it's even more noticeable on the Omnilinks due to the extra contrast brought about by the tinted windows and dark surrounds.

MW

Quote from: andy on August 07, 2012, 11:15:44 PM
It's by no means the only one......one in particular of the ex Dundee batch is just as bad, and I've seen countless others floating about...it's even more noticeable on the Omnilinks due to the extra contrast brought about by the tinted windows and dark surrounds.

A couple of YW ones are like this. The AG ones still look newish though.

Lukeee

Not just omnilinks, 4289 is also looking rather pink these days.

MW

On the other hand, repaints like 4644/53 look almost like they glow in the dark. On dull days in Solihull with rain, all the buses look dull etc, and then you see 4644 arriving on the 5, and the red looks so sharp and bright. It always looks freshly sprayed. In a couple of months, I think it'll still look immaculate.

mranon

The latest repaints look really good. The red is a really nice bright shade. On the subject of red fading, i notice that alot of wn's new b7rles are fading terrible, the offside front of 2019 in the bus station saturday looks like the wash has scrubbed the red and you can see the white showing when its in the sun. On another point though, has wn's 2063 had a front repaint, only it looks a lot birghter, and cleaner than the others.

Trident 4609

Yes it has the new shade of red like 4593,4584 and other new repaints

John

4236 has also faded, the front bumper and the bottom skirts at the front offside. Not as bad as 4289, but getting there.

Discodave

Red paint going cheap at Midland they will not need it any more LOL

nx4737

Tomjusttom

Talking about fading liverys on buses, some of metrolines darts are that faded they're pink!

John

A number of early repainted President's are faded as well, 4104, and a number of Acocks Green ex-Central ones are also.

Discodave

By the time NXWM have repainted all the fleet it will need re doing again just like the forth bridge maybe thhats why the dundee ones are fading

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk