News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2024, 07:01:51 PMHope it makes a swift recovery! :laugh:

Seriously, the rumour I heard elsewhere was that the 82 would be withdrawn, and it would be replaced by changing the 11A/C to serve Cape Hill and (indirectly) the new Midland Met Hospital, while the 87 gets a bit of a frequency increase and a possible rerouting to directly serve the new hospital, omitting part of Cape Hill, as well as being extended from city centre to Maypole/Druids Heath to replace the 50.
for what its worth my thought was 82 / 87, turn left at the bottom of cape hill, continue to the island at the top of the road, swing round the island and back down the opposite carriageway stop outside the hospital then normal line of route

couldnt see any benefit in the 11A / 11C moving, except return it to the original route to exit at the lights on the dudley road, removing the bad turn at Aberdeen Street.
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

ellspurs

Have they put a bus stop on the hospital grounds? If so, simplest solution would be to just send the 82/87 up to it, then back down and continue as normal. Seems like it'd be a large detour to send the 11a/c that way.

Looking at Google maps, it does seem that the car park isn't going to be that large so that may be a problem.

Quote from: ellspurs on June 26, 2024, 07:08:26 PMHave they put a bus stop on the hospital grounds? If so, simplest solution would be to just send the 82/87 up to it, then back down and continue as normal. Seems like it'd be a large detour to send the 11a/c that way.

Looking at Google maps, it does seem that the car park isn't going to be that large so that may be a problem.
I've posted here somewhere the plans I've heard for the 11 82/87 service regarding serving the new Midland Metro hospital , the 11 rerouted from bearwood down the current  82 route serve the hospital then normal line of route from somerfield park, 
82 service will do the 11 route between somerfield park and bearwood , 87 will be increased in frequency.
The new hospital has designated bus stop area I am told.

Sh4318

I'd certainly welcome an increased frequency on the 87, now the 89 doesn't serve Birmingham, the 87 (and 80) are my go-to routes into the city centre. I imagine it would work in a similar way to the 74, where the same base frequency to Dudley is kept, with every other bus being a short working to Oldbury

Not to get ahead of myself, this is a rumour after all
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk