News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

4616 and 4628

Started by Stu, August 13, 2012, 07:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Whilst waiting for my 37 this evening in Sparkbrook, I couldn't help but notice 4616, and then a few minutes later, 4628, both BC Tridents, showing 'Not In Service' but heading south down Stratford Road, about 7pm.

Either they were taking a long scenic route back to Liverpool Street, or are they by any chance heading to Yardley Wood on loan or something?  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rob H

Quote from: Stu on August 13, 2012, 07:40:52 PM
Whilst waiting for my 37 this evening in Sparkbrook, I couldn't help but notice 4616, and then a few minutes later, 4628, both BC Tridents, showing 'Not In Service' but heading south down Stratford Road, about 7pm.

Either they were taking a long scenic route back to Liverpool Street, or are they by any chance heading to Yardley Wood on loan or something?  ::)

I'll keep an eye on both Stu to see whether they appear on YW Routes if not I'll let you know :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

MW

Quote from: Rob H on August 13, 2012, 08:30:37 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 13, 2012, 07:40:52 PM

I'll keep an eye on both Stu to see whether they appear on YW Routes if not I'll let you know :)

May have been heading to Solihull Station to work something or other. Reason I say that is, when at college, at start/end of peaks, I would see a BC vehicle heading through Acocks Green towards Birmingham.

Did you catch which direction that it went it. If it turned right at Aldi and then left onto Stoney Lane, obviously it would be heading to YW, but do you know if it turned onto Warwick Road or not?

Tony

With the M6 shut yesterday afternoon/evening I should imagine the Coventry Road was extremely busy. May just have been heading to Solihull Station for 957s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk