News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Thanks MMC!

Started by Tony, July 23, 2012, 07:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

No offence intended firstly!! I was reading an interesting two part article by John Cash in Buses magazines in 1997 ( I think??) and he worked for C-Line. He reckoned the Drawlane management were unapproachable, didnt handle finances well-they were controlled by Cannock which overestimated costs meaning projected profits were lower there were service cuts and apparently the services were unreliable and caused a lot of complaints. Julian Peddle was axed from C-Line as he wanted more investment etc tho it is really interesting to hear from someone like Andy what working under Drawlane was like. There hasnt been much written about Drawlane maybe forgotten in the post deregulation chaos. I must say that Ive always been extremely interested in British Bus/Drawlane so if you've got any interesting tales to tell from the era then Id be most interested. British Bus is interesting too-why didnt they float the company and why were the British Bus orders with east lancs cancelled when cowie took over??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk