News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Clocks going forward

Started by mesub, March 27, 2021, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Since the clocks go forward at 1am on Sunday, what happens to services that operate overnight (63, 97 etc)?

Do they have an extra journey or something else?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on March 27, 2021, 08:50:52 PM
Since the clocks go forward at 1am on Sunday, what happens to services that operate overnight (63, 97 etc)?

Why would you have an extra journey ?

j789

Surely putting the clocks forward means one less journey as the normal 2am journey would become the 3am one. Extra journey needed when the clocks are put back in October perhaps as the 2am journey would become the 1am journey even though the 1am had already run an hour before as well 😮 (I assume the timings are adjusted to account for this though)

Pat

The 1am journey would become the 2am journey???

mesub

Oops, I meant one less journey.

Thank you all.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

mesub

Alright. Since the clocks have gone backwards (and also to save making a new thread), were there extra journeys now?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

ellspurs

Check bustimes for whichever bus was tracking on the X1 or 63 to see if it "repeated" the journey when the clocks went back.

DJ

Quote from: ellspurs on November 01, 2021, 03:00:54 AM
Check bustimes for whichever bus was tracking on the X1 or 63 to see if it "repeated" the journey when the clocks went back.

7530 was on the overnight 63 service, looking at the tracking, it passed the same points twice. I'll take somewhere on the Bristol Road for example, where it passed at both 0110 and 0112, and further up at 0115 and 0118. It's listed as the same 'trip' on the tracking, but from the looks of it, it did the 0101 departure off Birmingham, and the return trip from Rubery, both times.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mesub

Quote from: DJ on November 01, 2021, 02:26:32 PM
7530 was on the overnight 63 service, looking at the tracking, it passed the same points twice. I'll take somewhere on the Bristol Road for example, where it passed at both 0110 and 0112, and further up at 0115 and 0118. It's listed as the same 'trip' on the tracking, but from the looks of it, it did the 0101 departure off Birmingham, and the return trip from Rubery, both times.

Alright, thank you
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk