News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus depot in East Brum

Started by monkeyjoe, November 17, 2018, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Winston on November 19, 2018, 03:56:11 PM
The rear yard & half of the depot was leased back to NX for vehicle storage. If you carry on to the end of the depot fence just before the roundabout on that Streetview, you will see stored Mercs parked in the back yard. Inside housed withdrawn bendi's in dry storage.
They emptied it a few years back though didn't they and as far as I know nothing is stored there now, so presumably its no longer leased to them now?
I recall seeing a few Mercs at the Fox and Goose, in TC and TWM livery at the time, being moved to MS, or going for scrap.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on November 19, 2018, 04:07:13 PM
They emptied it a few years back though didn't they and as far as I know nothing is stored there now, so presumably its no longer leased to them now?
I recall seeing a few Mercs at the Fox and Goose, in TC and TWM livery at the time, being moved to MS, or going for scrap.

The back yard was full at one point. The inside housed the Scania bendi's and B10L's potentially earmarked as possible driver trainers. Nothing is stored their now & I assume any leasing arrangements have expired.

monkeyjoe

I don't think modern approach would be to have depots in residential areas

monkeyjoe

Took 3 years for so called 94 /95 merger, still curious about the depot now anymore speculation out there?.

D10

Or forget speculation and wait to hear where the new East Birmingham depot is going to be when NX are in a position to officially announce it?

monkeyjoe

With all due respect you could say that about a lot of posts on here the reason I come on here is to read about insider topics and views rather than which bus appeared on which route etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk