News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Geoffrey Hilditch dies aged 88

Started by andy, August 11, 2014, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Tribute-paid-city-s-bus-pioneer/story-21327770-detail/story.html

Geoffrey Hilditch was the bringer of some very interesting times via the British Bus group in the 90's, probably one of the most enjoyable (and profitable) periods to be working for the old Midland Red North. He and his son Chris were genuinely inclusive and interested in their staff and led interesting projects with the manufacturers they rescued and developed. Some of their work then helped the successful outfits we have today producing much of what is entering service right now and has done over the last 10 years or so. We so very nearly lost all our major bus manufacturers.

I remember being on dispatch at Tamworth on Saturdays and Sundays minding my own business only to end up making tea for the pair of them on many an occasion. They would talk to you about anything, no heirs or graces.

Thanks to them I got to drive Metroliners around the streets of Tamworth and even a couple of times over the Chase to Stafford, great memories.

There was a much more in depth article in the Times over the weekend but their online content isn't free. Geoffrey also wrote some very interesting books.

RIP Geoffrey.

Rob H

R.I.P Geoffrey Hilditch

My Thoughts are with Family and Friends
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk