News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

why don't the 4M change to 3 for Walsall to merry hill

Started by leewhayward29, February 16, 2015, 02:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leewhayward29

I think the 4M should change to 3. So there can be a express service to merry hill from Walsall has it takes 60 minutes on the normal service. But would a express service work on there
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Trident 4194

I'm pretty sure it is the most direct route possible, other than it cutting out rowley Regis hospital

trident4370

I'd have thought an extended version of the 311, (that cut out Princes End and Tipton) would be more direct than the 4M, but even then I doubt you'd save more than 10 minutes.

Tara4352

Quote from: trident4370 on February 16, 2015, 07:48:36 PM
I'd have thought an extended version of the 311, (that cut out Princes End and Tipton) would be more direct than the 4M, but even then I doubt you'd save more than 10 minutes.
But Probably in the peak hours it would be late running possibly  if it goes through cradley Heath

Stu

I'm guessing that the 3 route number is being saved for future use, maybe at the forthcoming Dudley review?

Perhaps '3 Dudley to Walsall' (replacing the 311) alongside a '3A Dudley to Walsall' replacing the 313?

Either way, I don't see any point renumbering the 4M, as it is a variant of the 4 route anyway. And making an 'express' version wouldn't be any quicker, I'm sure.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

Quote from: Rhys S on February 16, 2015, 07:52:46 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on February 16, 2015, 07:48:36 PM
But Probably in the peak hours it would be late running possibly  if it goes through cradley Heath

A 311 extension? It wouldn't go through Cradley Heath if it is direct from Dudley to Merry Hill.

Quote from: Stu on February 16, 2015, 07:57:52 PM
I'm guessing that the 3 route number is being saved for future use, maybe at the forthcoming Dudley review?

Perhaps '3 Dudley to Walsall' (replacing the 311) alongside a '3A Dudley to Walsall' replacing the 313?

Either way, I don't see any point renumbering the 4M, as it is a variant of the 4 route anyway. And making an 'express' version wouldn't be any quicker, I'm sure.

I'm with you on this one Stu, I think the 4/4M should be left as it is.

Bob

Why do the dudley to walsall buses say via Myvod? Is it even an area?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on February 16, 2015, 08:02:24 PM

Because thet go through Myvod......

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

Hahaha, this is funny, a dumb post. I don't think NXWM would put a place name on the destination display if it doesn't exist. ::) Google has answers.

Westy

I go through it every day!

(Apart from tomorrow, as Im at the quacks!)

leewhayward29

It was only a idea that's all I just wanted to see what people would say. I just thought it could do with a express service
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

CL

@Bob - Only traveled around these areas because of the IKEA. I don't live close to 'Myvod', but I assume 'Myvod' is relating to the Pub, named 'The Myvod' & the road, where the 313(?) serves.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk